Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts
08-31-2015, 10:06 PM #1 (permalink)
MachAF
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

MachAF's Truck Pics

EFILive - Emissions Present Tuning
All I have to say is this.. IF YOU AREN'T RUNNING IT YOU SHOULD BE! ORDER IT TONIGHT!

Totally different truck. Worth every single penny. Why couldn't it run like this from the factory? I'm only running the ECO and ECO/TOW tunes. Tried to race tune once...its crazy.

No crappy 68RFE shifting behavior. No clunks, no lugging, no shift flare. Just smooth Allison feeling shifts. Firm shifts once you get on it.

No dead pedal/lag. If you push it to the floor instant response.

My only regret is...That I waited too long.

Shout out to PPEI for some awesome work.

I'm not sure I'll even delete now. Truck is perfect now.

Apparently the EGR is turned off in the Emissions Present tune from PPEI (I don't know if this is standard procedure or not). I had some rough idle issues. They had me unplug two EGR plugs. I believe this fixed the issue. Anyways...Time will tell.

08-31-2015, 10:06 PM #1 (permalink)
MachAF
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

MachAF's Truck Pics

EFILive - Emissions Present Tuning
All I have to say is this.. IF YOU AREN'T RUNNING IT YOU SHOULD BE! ORDER IT TONIGHT!

Totally different truck. Worth every single penny. Why couldn't it run like this from the factory? I'm only running the ECO and ECO/TOW tunes. Tried to race tune once...its crazy.

No crappy 68RFE shifting behavior. No clunks, no lugging, no shift flare. Just smooth Allison feeling shifts. Firm shifts once you get on it.

No dead pedal/lag. If you push it to the floor instant response.

My only regret is...That I waited too long.

Shout out to PPEI for some awesome work.

I'm not sure I'll even delete now. Truck is perfect now.

Apparently the EGR is turned off in the Emissions Present tune from PPEI (I don't know if this is standard procedure or not). I had some rough idle issues. They had me unplug two EGR plugs. I believe this fixed the issue. Anyways...Time will tell.

And we can now officially close this thread. :spank:

Reactions: N of 60
Not really surprised at the brand loyal fool responses...what else is new here. The amazing thing is those who continue stand by the joke of a transmission the 68RFE is. Face it, its a slush box and everyone knows it, except the ones with their head up their...

I'm not brand loyal. All I want is reliability, I'd consider a Chevy with Allison but Ford has far more advanced features/tech.

I gave RAM a shot for 6 years but apparently it ain't worth a . 12 recalls...6+ years later I'm still getting recall letters.. Undeniable! WHAT A JOKE.

Peace fellas.
Instead of whining like a stuck pig, have your tranny looked at by a qualified technician. Trading a truck in with less that 30K on it is a rather expensive way to go.

Fluid is fine. No codes. Not worth my time to mess with it. Grass is always greener right? Guess I'll find out.
Did it have a code or not, here you say "No codes" but in your first post you said "throw some bull line pressure code going up a hill"

If you want a Ford go for it, if you want to know what is wrong with your RAM you should be looking for help. Sounds like it does throw a code and the code could help you know if your trans his shot or needs some minor repair.

Pretty sure MachAF and Cummins_Michael are a recently estranged couple who are now lashing out at inanimate objects and other people as a coping mechanism due to their breakup.
It'll be ok guys. Time heals all wounds....

Ford and Chevy don't use the 68, take a look at them. I could live with any of them but I prefer the Ram, I guess I am just not working my 68 hard enough.

If gm doesnt use the cp4 that would be my choice. I think they went back to the cp3. I mean the alison is the end all be all after all. The ford 6r is no slouch either. Does the PS still use the cp4? Maybe it is time to switch with how unreliable the Cummins is.

Ford and Chevy don't use the 68, take a look at them. I could live with any of them but I prefer the Ram, I guess I am just not working my 68 hard enough.

Ford and GM ONLY offer one Automatic.

RAM offers two automatics. Why do you think RAM offers 2 automatics?

Do you guys think RAM offers 2 options for its customers as a benefit? No. Truth is the 68rfe has reached its limits long ago. And in order for RAM to remain competitive in the numbers game, they have to out source the automatic that can handle the power and tow requirements. RAM is well aware the 68RFE is limited and not able to handle today's ratings. If the 68RFE could handle more than 382hp with better parts, they would have done this. The 68RFE is an in house transmission and is much cheaper to use.

I'll agree, in stock form pulling at or under rated loads, the 68rfe CAN last as long as the truck. However, add 5HP or more to the CUMMINS, or add larger tires with out gears, the life will decrease.

Truth is the 68RFE is a poor design, and reached its peak rated power many years back.

Took my old man's LML out towing few years back. Everyone struck up a conversation with me, every gas station, every stop. All old guys.

Like some weird Masonic chevy cult I all of a sudden belonged to.

The allison also does not like any added power. Never has. I honestly dont know about the 5 and 6r transmissions.

Why would FCA use a trans that would handle more than what they designed it to handle. It should come as no surprise it doesnt like more power or 37s+

Fortunate for the mighty allison, and starting with the L5P, gm has figured out a way to lock out the tuners.......

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.