Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and brand new to diesels! My question is I want to do an exhaust but noticed Theirs a bunch of sensors through the whole exhaust what can I do without throwing a code? I'm in california and don't want to deal with the new smog laws so trying to keep it as legal as possible. Pleaseeeeee help I want exhaust so bad to bring out the beautiful diesel sound

·
Registered
249 Posts
Legal? Dpf back only...won't help anything for sound or performance, though. Otherwise race tuner and rip stuff off or SIMS are the other less-than-legal options.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MMMM......BACON!!!
2,667 Posts
Should have went with a 2012 or older. Nothing out yet for the 2013 models and there may never be due to the EPA cracking down on the aftermarket folks. The 6.7L trucks have never had the "diesel sound" like the 5.9s.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Yep, the 6.7 is quiet. In fact, all you have now is a resonator instead of an actual muffler. All is does is eliminate cabin drone. Most agree, if you want to increase the actual sound level you need to delete the emissions system and run a 5 inch turbo back exhaust. Also, the OEM resonator and tailpipe are excellent. If you want it to look cooler, just add an exhaust tip.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
YOUR SOL bud, should have done some research before buying the truck...all you can do now is wait and hope that people eventually come with deletes for the 2013 trucks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No programmers exists for the 2013's at this point. I'm sure this will change in the future but for now, not a whole lot you can do to a 2013 performance wise.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
2013s got a new ecm if someone is telling you it can be programmed as of now they are not telling the truth.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If I had a 2013 and the mod bug itch, I would dump my money into the suspension and a new set of tires or wheels. Enjoy the new truck. Then come back a year or so and revisit the performance products out there for the 2013s. just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
If I had a 2013 and the mod bug itch, I would dump my money into the suspension and a new set of tires or wheels. Enjoy the new truck. Then come back a year or so and revisit the performance products out there for the 2013s. just my 2 cents.
Agreed. There will always be delete options because there will always be an off-road, race and overseas market. So there will be a emissions compliant version and one that's not. It will be THERE in time. :)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
could he put and ecm off a 2012 on his 2013 and than put a mini max on it

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
could he put and ecm off a 2012 on his 2013 and than put a mini max on it
Kinda like trying to do a human brain transplant. Highly unlikely. So much of the surrounding electronics and hardware are dependent on the 2013 ECM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts