Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this issue has been beat to death (I've read many threads on this forum about P2201) however I cant find out how to tell where the sensor is on my truck (Out of warranty). It appears that there are many sensors on the exhaust. Scanner says "OBDII: Nitrogen oxides nOx sensor, bank 1 - range/ performance problem"

Been driving the truck for a year with this CEL since dealer wants over $3k to fix it. Now its time to smog...

Does "bank 1" mean upstream?

Some websites say that the cause of the issue might just be a loose connection or lack of power going to the sensor, could that be it? If so, how would I check that?

Also truck is saying P1C55, this is a new code. Scanner says ECU: Engine control unit, Status: Cornfirmed. Are these two codes connected???

Located in Ca, have to smog by June...
Thanks...

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
It's the one right behind the turbo. Get taken care of soon as it will take a while for everything to be ready to pass smog.

Reactions: Feller2

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
So we’re watching a dealer mechanic with hundreds of how to videos replace the ammonia sensor and module to correct the two error codes for the number 1 nox sensor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
People like you are the reason more of us have stopped answering questions . You might try reading the “Pet Peeves” thread.
Spent more time writing what you did than answering the question. Could have just said yes or no.... I just don't get people anymore....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Watched a few videos on youtube about the P2201 & located on my truck. I was hoping it was lower on the downpipe like one of the videos but it is basically on top of the downpipe. Luckily (for once) I do have small hands so hopefully that will assist with dealing with the module which I keep reading is the hardest part.

I replaced my VGT actuator a year ago so not too worried about pulling the inner fender well.

I've read on a thread (from 2018) that the dorman sensors fail above 210 degrees, is this still the case? I tow quite often & will replace with OEM if necessary but I would like to save some money with the dorman unit if they are working for people currently who tow...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts