Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a 2013 Laramie cosmetic refresh for my 2010. First the look:

I like the 2013 Laramie Honeycomb Grille and the new Projector Headlights.

Here are the parts:

Left Headlamp - 68093217AB
Right Headlamp - 68093216AB
Grille - 68147353AA

Price for the package is around $1,200.

It's a lot of coin but I like the look of the new front end. A very good parts supplier (sponsor here too) already tested fitment of the grille on the 2010 - 2012 trucks for me and gave me the thumbs up.

Just can't decide whether to pull the trigger or not. Love my truck. Think about upgrading to a 2013 but I just can't see it. Mortgage paid off in 6/2015 so I'm really think it's smarter to wait till then and SUFFER with my current truck a little longer and either do a mild refresh to the front end or stay as-is...

Thoughts from the gallery? Stay 2010 look and not fight father time or go with the refresh???

·
Cummins Fan
2,176 Posts
It's all personal preference but I like my 2012 lights and grill.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on the tail lights -- I don't like the chrome trim.

And I agree with you guys who like the 2010-2012 look -- It's not dated at all and still looks sharp. But I am impressed with the 2013 Laramie+ refresh on the front end.

I appreciate the feedback. I hope more chime in. Thanks guys! :)

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I like the 2013 headlights and hood myself. The enhanced "gills" or whatever the indention's are called are more pronounced on the 2013.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Saw quite a few of the 13s in person and the grill looks like cheap parts house chrome to me I do like the headlights tho

Also I'm not a big fan of two tone trucks but yours is sharp

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are the new headlights supposed to be 150% better?
If that turns out to be true,I would make that update.
Otherwise your truck looks good,I like the older grill a little better.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I do agree that the 2013 look is sharp. But ... I wouldn't invest $1200 in doing it. The 2012 still looks good and it isn't that major of a change IMO to justify that kind of money. There are a lot of things you can do to a truck for $1200.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: sdrdb9

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Considering a 2013 Laramie cosmetic refresh for my 2010. First the look:

I like the 2013 Laramie Honeycomb Grille and the new Projector Headlights.

Here are the parts:

Left Headlamp - 68093217AB
Right Headlamp - 68093216AB
Grille - 68147353AA

Price for the package is around $1,200.

It's a lot of coin but I like the look of the new front end. A very good parts supplier (sponsor here too) already tested fitment of the grille on the 2010 - 2012 trucks for me and gave me the thumbs up.

Just can't decide whether to pull the trigger or not. Love my truck. Think about upgrading to a 2013 but I just can't see it. Mortgage paid off in 6/2015 so I'm really think it's smarter to wait till then and SUFFER with my current truck a little longer and either do a mild refresh to the front end or stay as-is...

Thoughts from the gallery? Stay 2010 look and not fight father time or go with the refresh???
Go for it, it would be Better than buying a new truck, keep your truck until your house is paid off and get the new style truck when it comes out then. I am going to get the 13 headlights and put them on my truck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
The headlights are not just plug and play I don't believe. Was going to do
my truck but wiring needs revision I think.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The headlights are not just plug and play I don't believe. Was going to do
my truck but wiring needs revision I think.
Wiring, resistance, etc... they're fun for me. I probably wouldn't buy a harness if someone came out with one anyway. That's not a worry. Still thinking about it. Drove the truck all day and really like the way it looks right now. I got the itch to do "something" (I think probably many of you can understand) but don't want to do a mod just to do a mod...

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go for it, it would be Better than buying a new truck, keep your truck until your house is paid off and get the new style truck when it comes out then. I am going to get the 13 headlights and put them on my truck. :thumbsup:
That was the plan -- then I started 2nd guessing. I go back and forth. If I do it, I promise to document it.

Another good thing about waiting a couple more years for a new truck is to see what's next in 2015 / 2016!

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I went with ANZO 111269 U-Bar headlights:

ANZO USA | DODGE RAM 1500 09-13 / RAM 2500/3500 10-13 PROJECTOR CHROME H.L U-BAR STYLE AMBER

They also make a 111160 without the U-bar:

ANZO USA | DODGE RAM 1500 09-13 / RAM 2500/3500 10-13 PROJECTOR H.L HALO L.E.D CHROME AMBER (CCFL)

They look close enough to the 2013 projectors and are 100% plug and play. Cost was 1/2. I wanted the 2013 projectors but these are pretty nice too!!!

Install thread with a bazillion pics:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4...lete-anzo-u-bar-install-w-pictures-video.html

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would try waiting a couple of months and see if someone has a used grill for sale After installing an aftermarket grill

Reactions: 67guzzler
1 - 20 of 33 Posts