Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2013 + factory service manual

91K views 86 replies 42 participants last post by  F84 Raptor 
#1 ·
Resources:
My local dealership service department
www.dealerconnect.com (dealership only)

>>>www.techauthority.com<<< (personal use/ private shop) Service Manual

Tech authority sample, click on "Preview" under the blank picture. You get to check out the program before you buy it.
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/...ts/TAUSER03DAY

Chrysler dealerships service departments use DealerConnect which is an online subscription website that allows them to access service manuals, wiring diagrams, diagnostics, etc. for every car that Chrysler has listed. This service is only available for Chrysler dealerships though. So how do non dealership shops / personal mechanics access a Mopar factory service manual? Mopar has an option for us, it's called TechAuthority. I spoke with a sales rep for 30 minutes about the TechAuthority service vs DealerConnect and what the differences are. They said it's the same exact manual, diagrams, diagnostics etc. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel.
There are 2 versions of services that are available though. They offer an online subscription service, 3day/$30, 30day/$250, 1year/$1900. This gives the subscriber online access to ANY vehicle that they support for the length of the sub. They get updates and what not.
Then there is option 2, a physical CD. This option is a one time price of $135. But, this is vehicle specific so a CD would have to be purchased for each vehicle you plan on using a manual with. The CD also has everything the online subscription has, again, only for the vehicle the CD was ordered for. The sales rep did mention that the 2014-2015 Ram 2500 CD doesn't have a basic wiring diagram as Mopar is still working on finalizing it, it will be available later at an additional cost and will be paperback, not digital.
CONCLUSION:
There are factory service manuals available to the public, but your going to pay for them. How much your going to pay is going to depend on what you want out of the product/service for how long. If you have a single issue and need to look now, you can use the 3day/$30 subscription to save the money and have instant access to look at the full manuals to all Mopar cars. Also, if your unsure if you want the subscription or digital version of the manual, you can sample the manual online for free. This lets you see how the manual looks and works. If you only have one vehicle and want to just buy a digital copy and not have to rely on an expensive subscription, $135 will get you the CD of the vehicle you want.

I hope this helps out people that are looking for the same answers as me.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi. Can you let me know how you do with this?

I have a 2015 2500 6.7 Cummins. I live in the UK so I need to find someone to service my truck over here. It would be very useful to have all the service manuals and service procedures because there is no official dealer support over here.

Thanks!

#7 ·
Thank you for this. Is there any way I can download this material instead of buying it on a CD? I live in the UK so I don't think they will ship the CD to me... plus a download would be so much easier!

#10 ·
As mentioned in the first post, you can buy an online subscription, but it is crazy expensive.
If you want, you can order the CD,(assuming they won't ship to you) send it to my address and I will forward it on to you in the UK. PM me if you like.

Reactions: stanleyz
#13 ·
UK RAM, I've purchased tractor repair manuals in cd form from England and had them sent without any difficulty in the past. I see no reason they won't mail you yours. Be aware I've tried several times in the last 2 months to purchase a repair cd for my 2015 and have been told they were sold out. You may have to wait a while.

#17 ·
I couldn't find it, so I'll post here and maybe someone else can. Mitchell 1 is what a lot of independant shops use, and provides all the same info as the service manuals. They used to have a 24hr or 30day plan for single vehicles for individuals doing home repair; but I'm not seeing that option on their website anymore:
Mitchell 1 | In your shop, at your side

#19 ·
Unfortunately, while it truly does stink, it is the best we can get. There is useful information in it, just not as much as you would hope and it is hard to find what you are looking for.

#20 ·
My only complaint with the CD manual, is a lot of the stuff in regaurds to trouble shooting and diagnosing, is that they get 2 steps in and it says "use scan tool to......"
I don't have a $3k scan tool. So it sucks in that regard. But for some of the other things like removing my DEF tank, it worked for me and was worth it to have it. It's better than going in complete darkness.

#23 ·
I called Chrysler Customer Service aka Cuss-Somemore Service lol. Any way they said that once I take delivery of my Ram Truck and it's registered in their data base as it's mine for the warranty that I can request a 2016 Service Manual and they will send one for free. I have a 1992 Dodge B-150 Ram Van that we got the service manual from Chrysler Customer Service, when we bought it.

#25 ·
That would be surprising. Maybe they are thinking "owners manual".
I called when I ordered my truck, asked where to find the Owners Manual, the Diesel Supplement Manual, and the U-Connect 8.4 Manual, they sent me all of them,for no charge. I asked about the service manual, the guy I talked to said they could not send that until I had registered my truck in their owners system web site with the full vin. Maybe he was wrong but he said that they would provide me with one. Go figure?

#27 ·
Dealing with the dealer and Chrysler Cuss Some More Service. :stirpot:

Leaves some what of a bad taste in your mouth. I will believe it when I see it. When I built my truck on True Car within an hour I had 9 phone calls from different dealers. On a Saturday evening. :surprise:

I received an e-mail on Sunday from the dealer that I bought my truck from. Say that if I had any questions he would be in his office between 9am and 5pm the following Monday. He gave me his cellphone number and his direct line phone number. The dealer I bought from said he could do a dealer swap and get what I wanted. It was cheaper to have him order/build what we wanted instead of buying some thing off a lot. There is a dealer that's six miles from my house. I drove over there on a Saturday before I decided to use the dealer I went to. Walked around the lot with my wife and we were not approached until we got back in our truck to leave before any of the 4 salesman there in the driveway. I had my check book with me showed it to the salesman and said to him I was going to pay cash and that he lost a sale, because they ignored us. (yes I am paying cash for my truck)

On that same Sunday I received 9 more phone calls. From two dealers with in 12 miles and several in North County and one in Orange county, Glad to have caller ID and an Answering machine. :spank:

The dealer that ignored me is Perry Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in National City CA.
If you don't look like a young Sailor or speack Spanish beware of them.

#28 ·
When you order the CD from Tech Authority it DOES NOT include the wiring schematic in its entirety . So if you need this you can buy a online subscription and the Cd.

#31 ·
It is web based. You can print a "page" from it like printing a web page. A "page" might be a paragraph of text describing something or it might be the steps to remove or install something. To print an entire "section" would require opening each "page" one at a time and printing it. It appears to me that the manual was designed purposefully to make printing of "sections" as painful as possible.

Reactions: ATC and Too Tall
#38 ·
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I have had bad experiences with other CD manuals. Gone are the days of an actual paper book :(

I have the full, original 1978 Ford truck FoMoCo service manuals I got from an old friend that used to run a dealership. Those were a godsend while I was rebuilding a couple '78 F150's! Why can't things be easy anymore? :(

Reactions: 2017-3500
#33 ·
Yep. I cannot say enough bad things about it. The best I can say is that it is better than nothing, but only by a little. It isn't so much that it totally lacks information, it is that it is so poorly formatted and hard to find anything. No search. No index. Lots of click click clicking. Plus, I have a Mac and have to fire up a virtual machine running Windows with Internet Explorer to use it. The old format (PDF) was so much better and more universal. Even if I converted the new one page-by-page into a PDF, the formatting would still suck. And no wiring diagrams and the free wiring diagrams that were online were discontinued, or, more likely, were discovered to be open to the public and summarily shut off.

Reactions: w6pea and Too Tall
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.