Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
phoenix70charger:
Wondering how you like the CD manual?
I'm with Badunit on this one. IMO, it's questionable whether it's even worth spending the $100 plus bucks for it. I don't know of any other choice but the CD format is crap in my opinion. You have to drill down numerous layers only to find that it's not what you were looking for. I could tolerate the HTML document if they had at put the ability to do a word search. An when you do find what you are looking for there is no detail. It's pathetic. The best I can say is , it's better than nothing. Barely. Don't plan on using it to do any kind of serious repairs with it.

You can check one out as a reference book at your public library. The on CD is a piece of crap. I bought a Service Manual for a1992 Ram Van that I had. And I really think FCA is doing their customers a disservice by not sell a paper copy of the service manual like they did before 2000.

I picked up a Haynes manual for 2009 - 2016 'Dodge' pickups . Better than nothing and it even has a few electric schematics. I originally bought it just to find out how to adjust the headlights. Bought it from Amazon for about $20.

I sure do miss the FSM from my 95 RAM. Spent many hours pouring over electric schematics trouble shooting a rather complicated problem with the PCM in that truck

Nice video. Shows the faults with the manual.

Valve lash adjustment and the proper lash settings are in 09-Engine/Cylinder Head/Valves/Standard Procedure/Valve Lash Adjustment and Verification. That was not the first place I looked but I got there eventually.

I wish I had found this thread before I ordered my CD, but I didn't & now I have a shiny new coaster to put my beer on in the garage.

Do what y'all have looked at in libraries have all the wiring diagrams?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Would anyone be willing to rip the CD to an .iso and upload it somewhere? I'd be willing to paypal someone to help offset the cost of the manual and I'm sure others would be willing to do the same.

Please don't ask for illegal things here. At many sites, a request like that would get you permanently banned.

Considering the cost, and the disappointment of the current CD Factory Manuals, is this a case where a person might as well just get a Chiltons or Haynes instead?
I have a 1986 and a 2000 FSM, and understand their value, especially when compared to the other manuals available....it just sounds like they might not be worth it now.

I have not seen a Haynes manual for the 4th gen trucks. Their website says it includes wiring diagrams, which, if true and complete, would be worth the cost of the manual right there.

Is this a good service manual to get? (Tech Authority) does it literally show you everything? (Aside from wiring)
It's what the dealers use, so I doubt there is a better one.

Has anyone tried this site? Quality Service Manuals .com
For $20 it might be worth trying...
Looks interesting. Looks similar to alldatadiy.com that I have used in the past. May try for $20 bucks.

Edit: Bit the bullet and purchased. Looks good to me. It's 147 PDF files and appears to be much like the factory manual. Includes all electrical diagrams. Haven't looked at it thoroughly but initial impression looks good. I DL'd the 2010-2016 2500 RAM manual. All the PDF's state 2014 but that should cover most.

Good find and 1st post Helopilot. Any questions, ask away.

Screen shot of some of the files that would fit on my 27" iMac LOL.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.