Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts
just ordered the CD's.. geez.. the shipping for a cd is just stupid over priced.. 21 bucks.. what a ripoff..:shock:

but they got you by the balls..

lets go back to the good old fashioned books

I called Chrysler Customer Service aka Cuss-Somemore Service lol. Any way they said that once I take delivery of my Ram Truck and it's registered in their data base as it's mine for the warranty that I can request a 2016 Service Manual and they will send one for free. I have a 1992 Dodge B-150 Ram Van that we got the service manual from Chrysler Customer Service, when we bought it.

That would be surprising. Maybe they are thinking "owners manual".

I called Chrysler Customer Service aka Cuss-Somemore Service lol. Any way they said that once I take delivery of my Ram Truck and it's registered in their data base as it's mine for the warranty that I can request a 2016 Service Manual and they will send one for free. I have a 1992 Dodge B-150 Ram Van that we got the service manual from Chrysler Customer Service, when we bought it.
That would be surprising. Maybe they are thinking "owners manual".
I called when I ordered my truck, asked where to find the Owners Manual, the Diesel Supplement Manual, and the U-Connect 8.4 Manual, they sent me all of them,for no charge. I asked about the service manual, the guy I talked to said they could not send that until I had registered my truck in their owners system web site with the full vin. Maybe he was wrong but he said that they would provide me with one. Go figure?

His promise and a buck might get you a coffee. Tech Authority is the only source for repair info and they're nothing to brag about. It's a sad state of affairs.
Dealing with the dealer and Chrysler Cuss Some More Service. :stirpot:

Leaves some what of a bad taste in your mouth. I will believe it when I see it. When I built my truck on True Car within an hour I had 9 phone calls from different dealers. On a Saturday evening. :surprise:

I received an e-mail on Sunday from the dealer that I bought my truck from. Say that if I had any questions he would be in his office between 9am and 5pm the following Monday. He gave me his cellphone number and his direct line phone number. The dealer I bought from said he could do a dealer swap and get what I wanted. It was cheaper to have him order/build what we wanted instead of buying some thing off a lot. There is a dealer that's six miles from my house. I drove over there on a Saturday before I decided to use the dealer I went to. Walked around the lot with my wife and we were not approached until we got back in our truck to leave before any of the 4 salesman there in the driveway. I had my check book with me showed it to the salesman and said to him I was going to pay cash and that he lost a sale, because they ignored us. (yes I am paying cash for my truck)

On that same Sunday I received 9 more phone calls. From two dealers with in 12 miles and several in North County and one in Orange county, Glad to have caller ID and an Answering machine. :spank:

The dealer that ignored me is Perry Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in National City CA.
If you don't look like a young Sailor or speack Spanish beware of them.

When you order the CD from Tech Authority it DOES NOT include the wiring schematic in its entirety . So if you need this you can buy a online subscription and the Cd.

It is web based. You can print a "page" from it like printing a web page. A "page" might be a paragraph of text describing something or it might be the steps to remove or install something. To print an entire "section" would require opening each "page" one at a time and printing it. It appears to me that the manual was designed purposefully to make printing of "sections" as painful as possible.

Reactions: ATC and Too Tall
The manual is poorly put together in my opinion and scarce on details. The worst part is there's no search function. Very difficult to find things without doing a lot of mouse clicking.

Yep. I cannot say enough bad things about it. The best I can say is that it is better than nothing, but only by a little. It isn't so much that it totally lacks information, it is that it is so poorly formatted and hard to find anything. No search. No index. Lots of click click clicking. Plus, I have a Mac and have to fire up a virtual machine running Windows with Internet Explorer to use it. The old format (PDF) was so much better and more universal. Even if I converted the new one page-by-page into a PDF, the formatting would still suck. And no wiring diagrams and the free wiring diagrams that were online were discontinued, or, more likely, were discovered to be open to the public and summarily shut off.

Reactions: w6pea and Too Tall
The format is web based, PC only. It is easy to click around and read pages. It is difficult to find something if you do not already know where to look. There is no index. It is not searchable. PDF format would be a major step up, it would be readable on nearly every device, it would be formatted better, and it would be searchable. The older CD manuals were PDFs and they were terrific.

Reactions: Too Tall
It is web based. You can print a "page" from it like printing a web page. A "page" might be a paragraph of text describing something or it might be the steps to remove or install something. To print an entire "section" would require opening each "page" one at a time and printing it. It appears to me that the manual was designed purposefully to make printing of "sections" as painful as possible.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I have had bad experiences with other CD manuals. Gone are the days of an actual paper book :(

I have the full, original 1978 Ford truck FoMoCo service manuals I got from an old friend that used to run a dealership. Those were a godsend while I was rebuilding a couple '78 F150's! Why can't things be easy anymore? :(

Reactions: 2017-3500
I called when I ordered my truck, asked where to find the Owners Manual, the Diesel Supplement Manual, and the U-Connect 8.4 Manual, they sent me all of them,for no charge. I asked about the service manual, the guy I talked to said they could not send that until I had registered my truck in their owners system web site with the full vin. Maybe he was wrong but he said that they would provide me with one. Go figure?
w6pea, did you ultimately get a service manual after taking delivery of your truck? I'm awaiting delivery of mine and I ordered the TechAuthority piece of junk CD already (before I found this tread). I'd like to see what (if anything) they sent you. Thanks

Doug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: w6pea
21 - 40 of 87 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.