·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resources:
My local dealership service department
www.dealerconnect.com (dealership only)

>>>www.techauthority.com<<< (personal use/ private shop) Service Manual

Tech authority sample, click on "Preview" under the blank picture. You get to check out the program before you buy it.
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/...ts/TAUSER03DAY

Chrysler dealerships service departments use DealerConnect which is an online subscription website that allows them to access service manuals, wiring diagrams, diagnostics, etc. for every car that Chrysler has listed. This service is only available for Chrysler dealerships though. So how do non dealership shops / personal mechanics access a Mopar factory service manual? Mopar has an option for us, it's called TechAuthority. I spoke with a sales rep for 30 minutes about the TechAuthority service vs DealerConnect and what the differences are. They said it's the same exact manual, diagrams, diagnostics etc. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel.
There are 2 versions of services that are available though. They offer an online subscription service, 3day/$30, 30day/$250, 1year/$1900. This gives the subscriber online access to ANY vehicle that they support for the length of the sub. They get updates and what not.
Then there is option 2, a physical CD. This option is a one time price of $135. But, this is vehicle specific so a CD would have to be purchased for each vehicle you plan on using a manual with. The CD also has everything the online subscription has, again, only for the vehicle the CD was ordered for. The sales rep did mention that the 2014-2015 Ram 2500 CD doesn't have a basic wiring diagram as Mopar is still working on finalizing it, it will be available later at an additional cost and will be paperback, not digital.
CONCLUSION:
There are factory service manuals available to the public, but your going to pay for them. How much your going to pay is going to depend on what you want out of the product/service for how long. If you have a single issue and need to look now, you can use the 3day/$30 subscription to save the money and have instant access to look at the full manuals to all Mopar cars. Also, if your unsure if you want the subscription or digital version of the manual, you can sample the manual online for free. This lets you see how the manual looks and works. If you only have one vehicle and want to just buy a digital copy and not have to rely on an expensive subscription, $135 will get you the CD of the vehicle you want.

I hope this helps out people that are looking for the same answers as me.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hi. Can you let me know how you do with this?

I have a 2015 2500 6.7 Cummins. I live in the UK so I need to find someone to service my truck over here. It would be very useful to have all the service manuals and service procedures because there is no official dealer support over here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi. Can you let me know how you do with this?

I have a 2015 2500 6.7 Cummins. I live in the UK so I need to find someone to service my truck over here. It would be very useful to have all the service manuals and service procedures because there is no official dealer support over here.

Thanks!

PM me your email. I'll send you the Cummins service manual. Motor only, not a ram manual. JP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very helpful information. Thanks much for sharing.

Reactions: stanleyz

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Tech authority is a private, for profit business. No freebies.
I was by no means asking for a freebie - I was wondering if they sold the product as a download instead of a CD... I will call them and find out. Thanks!

·
Renaissance Redneck BCVP
3,922 Posts
As mentioned in the first post, you can buy an online subscription, but it is crazy expensive.
If you want, you can order the CD,(assuming they won't ship to you) send it to my address and I will forward it on to you in the UK. PM me if you like.

Reactions: stanleyz

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
As mentioned in the first post, you can buy an online subscription, but it is crazy expensive.
If you want, you can order the CD,(assuming they won't ship to you) send it to my address and I will forward it on to you in the UK. PM me if you like.
Thank you very much. I'll contact them and see what I can arrange. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I am kinda surprised they sell a CD version. The entire reason for moving stuff online like that is so that the companies retain the digital rights to it and more control. Same reason Movie industry wants you to buy movies in the cloud instead of a real physical copy.

When I use to work on my Range Rover the dealer would get really upset that I knew part numbers (someone posted a hacked version of the parts catalog online). They guard that stuff as a source of revenue because if you don't know the part number you cant order parts from someone else.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
UK RAM, I've purchased tractor repair manuals in cd form from England and had them sent without any difficulty in the past. I see no reason they won't mail you yours. Be aware I've tried several times in the last 2 months to purchase a repair cd for my 2015 and have been told they were sold out. You may have to wait a while.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Be aware I've tried several times in the last 2 months to purchase a repair cd for my 2015 and have been told they were sold out. You may have to wait a while.
If they can deliver the content via an online on demand stream there is no reason they couldn't provide a downloadable version other than they don't want to.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can't find the $135 cd for my truck can someone post a link straight to it thanks 14 3500

·
Registered
616 Posts
I couldn't find it, so I'll post here and maybe someone else can. Mitchell 1 is what a lot of independant shops use, and provides all the same info as the service manuals. They used to have a 24hr or 30day plan for single vehicles for individuals doing home repair; but I'm not seeing that option on their website anymore:
Mitchell 1 | In your shop, at your side

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The CD is very poorly done. You cannot search and it's very limited with technical details. Don't waste your money.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The CD is very poorly done. You cannot search and it's very limited with technical details. Don't waste your money.
Unfortunately, while it truly does stink, it is the best we can get. There is useful information in it, just not as much as you would hope and it is hard to find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am kinda surprised they sell a CD version. The entire reason for moving stuff online like that is so that the companies retain the digital rights to it and more control. Same reason Movie industry wants you to buy movies in the cloud instead of a real physical copy.

When I use to work on my Range Rover the dealer would get really upset that I knew part numbers (someone posted a hacked version of the parts catalog online). They guard that stuff as a source of revenue because if you don't know the part number you cant order parts from someone else.

And that is complete bs. You buy the damn vehicle it should be already included. I hope this gets hacked, uploaded and shared.

Reactions: MrsSilva1
1 - 20 of 85 Posts