Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to start looking, wanting to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I have a 2013 2500 6.7. I just got back from a 8hr trip up north. About an hour left in the drive, i notice that there is little air coming out of the vents. I can hear the blower motor working just fine. Just a very little bit of cold air coming from front or rear vents. I changed it to defrost, same amount of air. It is colder air, just doesn't have the velocity coming from the vents. I can hear the blower changing with changes in the fan knob.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I let the truck sit for about 90min after getting home. It seems to be working fine now. Is this a common problem? Anything I should look for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was it blowing elsewhere. Let the floor vents? The flap that changes the air direction could have been stuck? Never heard of that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next time it does this, try shutting off the A/C with the A/C button. Leaving the air speed unchanged.
If the air starts to get more intense, it because the Evaporator is a block of ice and it has started melting from the incoming air.
Turn the A/C button back on , and it gets cold again.

In my case, I removed my dash and Air box.
Replaced the Evaporator, Since Mine is a 2010, I then Cut In a Door for my Pollen Filter. At same time I changed the TXV Metering valve. Pumped it all down, and recharged. Now perfect

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also, next time check your drier! If its a block of ice, replace it, and recharge the system! That was my problem in my previous truck!!! Somehow moister got into the system.... Thats my recomendation....Your 90 minute wait let the the ice melt off and thats why it worked....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same issue a few months ago. I think I determined air was coming out the floor vents. I shut the truck off, restarted, and it’s been fine since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts