Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the numerous pages on some 2012s having problems with the smarty tuners.

Well how many folks have them on 2012s without any problems. Just wondering if it worth rolling the dice to see if my truck will like it or not. I see they are trying to come up with a fix, but couple months and still not a fix leaves me wondering how much longer before they do.

The price difference between the smarty line and the other brands is enough to make you look hard at the smarty. Just done want one then get it and have to turn around and buy another brand to work on my truck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a S67 on mine running switch #3. It really woke the truck up, even with everything else still 100% stock.

The tune that was in it had issues with shifting kind of funky at WOT, but I installed the newest tune file from MADS site last night and it made a world of difference. I haven't had the time to delete the DPF and EGR yet, so I am not running the ME file yet.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a S67 on mine running switch #3. It really woke the truck up, even with everything else still 100% stock.

The tune that was in it had issues with shifting kind of funky at WOT, but I installed the newest tune file from MADS site last night and it made a world of difference. I haven't had the time to delete the DPF and EGR yet, so I am not running the ME file yet.
#3 setting deals with timing adjustment right.

I am looking for fuel mileage increase and get the regens to stop. So figure the DPF has to go. Not looking to make more power does real good now.

Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
#3 setting deals with timing adjustment right.

I am looking for fuel mileage increase and get the regens to stop. So figure the DPF has to go. Not looking to make more power does real good now.

Thanks
Delete your truck, run SW0 and timing 3, you should get better mileage without adding any HP

·
Registered
260 Posts
talked to 2 people at smarty over the last few days. i too have a 2012 that i want to put the smarty on. Both people from smarty tell me they have lots of units on the 2012 being run with no issues. i havent installed mine yet do to seeing the issues on the board and not wanting to load the program more then once. they keep telling me to install. i think i will install in 2 weeks.

G

·
Guys on the fence, buy it, and run it. It don't hurt your truck. It's way better than stock mpg wise. It ain't right, but it still is a benefit to your truck. That said the only people I've ever heard say some trucks don't have any problems are the mads folks, and smarty salesman. Does not seem to be a very big percent on here that it works good with. I draw my own conclusions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just sold my 07 and will be flying out next week to pick up a new left over 2012 dully G56. I cant seem to find a Samarty online without paying $1800 for it that I can load the ME. I read the Smarty statment about the EPA stuff and not selling ME tunes in the USA anymore.

I'm wondering if I had a buddy in Germany order a Smarty ME for me and then just mail it to me if that would work?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine works with minor quirks. Shifting and lose of power every now and again,liveable. As stated above my mpg went from 13.5 to a solid 17/18. On good days on the highway. No wind and pretty much level driving it will stay on 20/21. Thats feathering the throttle fyi aswell.The smarty will pay for it self in no time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been thinking of trying SW0 and timing on 3. I've tried SW0 timing 1 (stock) with decent results. Trying to stay out of SW1 due to the Dual Mass Flywheel (not sure I want to replace it quite yet).

Delete your truck, run SW0 and timing 3, you should get better mileage without adding any HP

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Nearly every package both large and small sent to me from overseas has been opened at US Customs.

Illegal stuff stops there.

A trash can could be the final resting place for an EPA banned device.

Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
A policy or a regulation can do that without any law on the book. If there are policies from the EPA saying certain devices violate their regulations, then US Customs job is to prevent entry of any device violating the regs. A nameless bureaucrat can do this with just a typewriter (word processor).

G

·
A policy or a regulation can do that without any law on the book. If there are policies from the EPA saying certain devices violate their regulations, then US Customs job is to prevent entry of any device violating the regs. A nameless bureaucrat can do this with just a typewriter (word processor).
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Or more importantly if your smarty works good on your 2012? Start your own thread somewhere else about what customs may or may not do please.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think he was referring to an earlier post about getting a buddy to mail him a smarty me from Germany. There are many service members on here and at first that seemed like a good idea to me until this recent post pointed out the customs issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 12' deleted with smarty an i have the issue but it is not enough to turn my head on the smarty. I run sw5 an wen i want to really mess around i will put it on 9, not to mention the 17.5 mgp i get on the hwy an 18.5 in town. So i have no complaints other than the tune fades. It still stays code free the power just goes back to stock an the mpg goes back to stock. I just reload it which takes 10 minutes literally an i am good to go. They will find a fix soon. Stock i couldnt burn out or anything. 6 speed 3500 dually an now i can do donuts in 2nd easy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 38 Posts