Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First upgrade thread on here so bear with me.

Did a Grille upgrade on my 2012 Laramie limited tonight, I replaced it with a Limited grille from a 2016.

I purchased mine from AllMoparParts.com. Cost me an arm and a leg but I love the look and it was brand new and here in less than a week.

Part Numbers shown in the picture below:

First thing you have to to do is remove the four push buttons that hold the top cover on. Then remove the four bolts on top of the grille. Once these are removed with a firm pull on each bottom corned the grille snaps out.

Now on to the new grille:

First step is to flip the grille over and remove the driver side inner support shown in the picture below to make room for the cooler lines.

After that you have to make a few adjustments to the lower grille mounts on the truck and to the lower attachments on the grille itself.

First I cut a slit for the lower grille hook:

Then I found out that the grille wouldn't sit flush enough to shut the hood, so I had to notch out the mount:

Followed by shaving the hook on the grille:

After all of that the grille snapped right into place. The only thing I did was make a couple of plastic shims for the inner two bolts where the grille attaches to the truck. Only tools I needed was a dremel with an end grinder attachment and a cutting wheel. Hope this help someone else looking to install this grille.

Registered
Looks good :thumbsup:

Registered
Looks great, how about more pics of the beast

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great, how about more pics of the beast
Thanks! I'm getting ready to pull the wheels off of it, so I don't have any with the new grille.

Registered
Looks awesome! This is on my to do list.

Premium Member
Thanks! I'm getting ready to pull the wheels off of it, so I don't have any with the new grille.
Looks good, @207Cummins12 -- :thumbsup:

I did a similar thread like this a few years back too for my 2010:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-non-powertrain/601164-2010-2013-grille-install.html

I'm not sure I did it as well as you did. So many ways to do these things.

I really like the newer grilles on the 2010-2012 trucks. Yours look really good!

-Guzzler

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: 67guzzler

Registered
Looks good and it seems like the way you notched the clip boss, you can go back to a 10-12 grille. Nice work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I am no fan of the Limited grille, but it looks great on your truck.
Thanks! When this Grille came out I didn't like it either, but it grew on me!

Looks good and it seems like the way you notched the clip boss, you can go back to a 10-12 grille. Nice work.
Thanks! And yes it's still has the original notch in the back with the clip hole in the front, so I can switch it back if for whatever reason I decide I want the old grille again.

Heck if I know
Good Golly Miss Molly, that sucker aint cheap.

Premium Member

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Here's another picture of the grille on the truck. Best I can get right now, getting ready to put EBC brake pads on and clean the layers of OEM brake dust off my wheels. :banghead:

Reactions: 67guzzler

Registered
Hey Guys,

First upgrade thread on here so bear with me.

Did a Grille upgrade on my 2012 Laramie limited tonight, I replaced it with a Limited grille from a 2016.

I purchased mine from AllMoparParts.com. Cost me an arm and a leg but I love the look and it was brand new and here in less than a week.

Part Numbers shown in the picture below:

First thing you have to to do is remove the four push buttons that hold the top cover on. Then remove the four bolts on top of the grille. Once these are removed with a firm pull on each bottom corned the grille snaps out.

Now on to the new grille:

First step is to flip the grille over and remove the driver side inner support shown in the picture below to make room for the cooler lines.

After that you have to make a few adjustments to the lower grille mounts on the truck and to the lower attachments on the grille itself.

First I cut a slit for the lower grille hook:

Then I found out that the grille wouldn't sit flush enough to shut the hood, so I had to notch out the mount:

Followed by shaving the hook on the grille:

After all of that the grille snapped right into place. The only thing I did was make a couple of plastic shims for the inner two bolts where the grille attaches to the truck. Only tools I needed was a dremel with an end grinder attachment and a cutting wheel. Hope this help someone else looking to install this grille.

Im interested in doing this on my truck but cannot view the pics in your post, any chance you could send them to me? Thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts