Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking the cummins forum for years now...sneaking in a post every now and then. I never thought of my trucks as "builds" but after looking through old pictures I realized how much my truck has changed and I thought about how much more I plan to do!

I had a 2007 5.9 from 2008 until October 2014 when I bought a bone stock 2012 Mega cab dually. The 3/4 ton fit my needs perfectly but my dream truck was always a big ole dually with stacks HA So I figured if I can make it come true, why not do it...right??

I don't have pictures of every single thing I've done but I will include what I do have. I have head studs and a heater grid delete on the way now but plan to do trans, 2nd gen swap, 6" lift on 37's, bumpers, and possibly some fuel upgrades. Just figured I would share my journey with y'all since I enjoy seeing what everyone else does!

The 2007...the one that started it all:

Bone stock (the day I brought it home) Put it to work right away...although that little boat was no task at all:

Grille Swap:

Fully deleted, S&B CAI, H&S mini maxx, custom Dave MCC tuning, trans tuning, turbo back 5" straight pipe exhaust.

De-badged, window tint, 2" leveling kit, "Eight Lug Thug" Sticker, blacked out fender lights, Plasti dipped remaining badges black, AMP Research Power Steps to replace the factory:

Next to my old truck because my buddy bought it off me:

The day the wheels & tires went on...35X12.5/20 Nitto Mud grapplers on 20" Fuel Maverick lifted application:

Installed wider fender flares on the rear and had the flares and two tone rocker panel area sprayed with bedliner. Also replaced the stock chrome tow mirrors with black. Made custom oversized mud flaps out of some rubber horse stall mat material.

Tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light. Converted to 8" stacks. Added the legendary **YUP** custom plates!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Only photo that shows, is the first one of the third gen.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man how could that be? They're all on my photobucket and I posted all of them the same way. Any suggestions?
Did you by any chance move the pictures to a different album afterward?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've done it myself before. They work now. Truck looks good!

Reactions: jdcummins07

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looking really good... Love the wheels.. 👍

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks! How do you like your rough country lift? I've heard mixed responses on them
Rides just like stock to be honest. I got the 2.0 shocks. I'll be upgrading them by summer for something more steardy. Like mx adjustable shocks or something since mine are already staring to go out. Over 40k miles on them and alot of rough roads.. but overall a great kit. I got the long arm kit fyi.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice looking rig!!!!!

Reactions: jdcummins07

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rides just like stock to be honest. I got the 2.0 shocks. I'll be upgrading them by summer for something more steardy. Like mx adjustable shocks or something since mine are already staring to go out. Over 40k miles on them and alot of rough roads.. but overall a great kit. I got the long arm kit fyi.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
125 Posts
beautiful rig! have you thought about matching the front and rear bumpers to match the side 2-tone? my own opinion because i've never been a fan, but i think the chrome bumpers gotta go haha, again my own opinion

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
beautiful rig! have you thought about matching the front and rear bumpers to match the side 2-tone? my own opinion because i've never been a fan, but i think the chrome bumpers gotta go haha, again my own opinion
Well I like your opinion! Ha my plan is to eventually get some aftermarket bumpers to replace the stock and I don't want to rhino line the chrome so I'm planning to Plasti dip them in the next couple weeks to see how it looks! I want all the chrome to go!!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
VERY NICE JOB!! I am about to complete the build on mine this week.. Its the same year/model as yours & same colors too.. Will post when I'm done.. Great to see my Dually now has a brother in the same state... :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VERY NICE JOB!! I am about to complete the build on mine this week.. Its the same year/model as yours & same colors too.. Will post when I'm done.. Great to see my Dually now has a brother in the same state... :)
Awesome! Yeah let's see some pictures!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts