Take super springs off
Put fox socks
Maybe a carli trac bar
Is there anything else that will make this truck ride better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Cummins Freak
3,251 Posts
If he doesn't haul Heavy daily I would lower the tire pressure down to 55 front and 45 rear!! Also I would replace the springs with Thuren or Carli.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Fox socks and supper springs are totally part of the problem! lol

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Sounds like the guy should find a different shop if his mechanic has to poll the internet....but giving benefit of the doubt, you need to be far more specific as to what's been done to the truck and what "better" means.

First, what lift, 3" RC front springs and rear blocks, or 2.5" leveling kit or other 3" leveling buckets with RC shocks?
Rear, is it lifted, or are the supper springs cranking up the OE leaf to provide some lift?

Define "better".
Ride's too stiff (likely).
Remove added leafs, lower tire pressure, that's all you can do without replacing springs.
What's his use of the truck? Super springs needed for heavy loads? If so then you can't go lighter on rear suspension.
Whats the tire size and pressures currently?
Doesn't handle well, track well, etc? (You mentioned Carli track bar. Is the truck riding on 3" lift with a stock track bar that is screwing up axle offset?)
Does the steering wander? What is the caster?
How many miles? Any othre wear n tear issues with the steering components?
What type of tires and how are they wearing? Rim size vs tire size, offset, etc. If severely mismatched, wrong tire load rating, cheap tires, off road mud tires, etc all can or will affect steering and handling.

Is it too bouncy?
You said not the best shocks...what needs to be better?
Too stiff, not enough damping? Which is it? Or are they just blown out?

You need to know more about the suspension and alignment and you or the customer need to provide more info on what is the un-desirable characteristics he's looking to improve to answer this question with any accuracy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the guy should find a different shop if his mechanic has to poll the internet....but giving benefit of the doubt, you need to be far more specific as to what's been done to the truck and what "better" means.

First, what lift, 3" RC front springs and rear blocks, or 2.5" leveling kit or other 3" leveling buckets with RC shocks?
Rear, is it lifted, or are the supper springs cranking up the OE leaf to provide some lift?

Define "better".
Ride's too stiff (likely).
Remove added leafs, lower tire pressure, that's all you can do without replacing springs.
What's his use of the truck? Super springs needed for heavy loads? If so then you can't go lighter on rear suspension.
Whats the tire size and pressures currently?
Doesn't handle well, track well, etc? (You mentioned Carli track bar. Is the truck riding on 3" lift with a stock track bar that is screwing up axle offset?)
Does the steering wander? What is the caster?
How many miles? Any othre wear n tear issues with the steering components?
What type of tires and how are they wearing? Rim size vs tire size, offset, etc. If severely mismatched, wrong tire load rating, cheap tires, off road mud tires, etc all can or will affect steering and handling.

Is it too bouncy?
You said not the best shocks...what needs to be better?
Too stiff, not enough damping? Which is it? Or are they just blown out?

You need to know more about the suspension and alignment and you or the customer need to provide more info on what is the un-desirable characteristics he's looking to improve to answer this question with any accuracy.

Well I don’t normally do suspension work at all this truck was the sons of the guy who has it now the kid put a rough country 3 in coil kit with rc shock and blocks in the rear. then the dad bought the son a cat 299 with a denis cimaf head so he put super springs in the rear for towing after all this he bought a 2014 3500 to tow it with so he gave the truck back to his dad. Now his dad does not like the way it rides at all so that’s y I came to y’all who know which is the better ride. So I was going to remove the rc and put better stuff on it.

Is that enough or do you need more info

·
Cummins Freak
3,251 Posts
Well I don’t normally do suspension work at all this truck was the sons of the guy who has it now the kid put a rough country 3 in coil kit with rc shock and blocks in the rear. then the dad bought the son a cat 299 with a denis cimaf head so he put super springs in the rear for towing after all this he bought a 2014 3500 to tow it with so he gave the truck back to his dad. Now his dad does not like the way it rides at all so that’s y I came to y’all who know which is the better ride. So I was going to remove the rc and put better stuff on it.

Is that enough or do you need more info

Does he want the truck back to stock height or lifted/level? I would do as I already stated thuren makes some nice riding springs from 1"inch front to 3" inch level front. They also have full rear replacement springs for the rear so I would look there.Off Road Performance Parts and Accessories | CJC Off Road or https://www.thurenfabrication.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts