Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im looking into rebuilding my transmission, going to try to do it myself just wanted some input. I think im going to go with a suncoast rebuild kit: here. I think that has most of what I would need to get a solid transmission, besides a low reverse sprag and possibly a pump half. From the research i have done the low reverse sprag is something that pretty much has to be done. Suncoast has one for $625, here, and Revmax has one for $325, here. anyone know if i should go with the more expensive option? The only thing I can find that is different, their websites dont give much detail, is the Suncoast is billet. Also, the reason im rebuilding is because i got a P0740 code I believe, and that may have something to do with the pump, so i thought getting an upgraded pump half would help that issue. So suncoast has one for $375, here, is the pump half something I would need, recommended, etc. Also just any advice, am I missing anything that I need, getting too much, etc.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My best word of advice is to do your research. There are only a few manufactures of the parts, so most kits are just relabeled. Like the gaskets, clutches and steels. Drums are made by Suncoast, Sonnax, Revmax. Any big named company that you see on TV is expensive, your paying for that advertising. Do this lookup Monster Transmission BBB rating, you will will laugh or be thankful that you did not buy from them.

Jarad Warren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts