Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week when I started our 2012 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins I got a MIL with the P0030 error. After I reset the code with my scan tool it came back. Upon searching for the code and causes I came upon the TSB 25-002-14 pertaining to the wiring overlay. Understanding it fell under the emissions warranty I contacted the dealer and took it in for service. The dealer said they changed the O2 sensor module and installed the wiring harness overlay and according to them the code cleared. In the paperwork I do not see that they changed the O2 sensor itself but based on the TSB it suggests they not change the sensor itself until the TSB work is performed. I assume they would if the code persists and I take it back but the code was clear when I picked up the truck. Sensor checks ok using my voltmeter voltage and Ohm checks.

Once I got it home and the error came back upon a later startup I looked into it a little further and the strange thing is that the code only sets on initial startup and any time the truck sits for a period of time. Approximately 30 minutes or so possibly less. I’m assuming once PCM or ECM go to sleep.
I start the truck and get the code. If I shut the truck off and reset the code (even immediately) I can then start the truck again with no code P0030. I can drive as long as I wish and I will get no code. If I shut the truck off at any time during a drive I can start the truck again with no code as long as I do not let the truck sit for the 30 minutes or so mentioned above. Let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes and start the truck and I get the P0030 code. Clear it and start again and repeat all steps above. You get the point!

Alt is putting out 14.5v on average based on voltmeter as well as OBDII live data. Both batteries read from 12.9v upon shutdown then down to 12.6v range once the truck has set overnight. I checked for any parasitic drain and had none. I cleaned and retightened all terminals and cables even though they were all clean and tight. Checked both batteries with a load tester and both batteries (4yrs old) 125A load tested in good range. Middle scale of good range but good none the less. This Alt & battery cleaning and testing was done prior to initial trip to dealer.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. As I said, I am taking it back in for further testing but I would like to know if others have had any issues like I am seeing after their truck had the TSB work done? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2011 3500 diesel truck stuck in lockdown MODE ?

This is a st 3500 4X4 CREWCAB LWB. Straight exhaust . All motor deletes any one know how to reset LOCKDOWN MODE. OR IMMOBILIZER RESET?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts