Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well finally got time to start the thread. Some of y'all may or may not know who we are but we but custom trucks and hot rods out Fresno,CA. For SEMA this year we decided to build an 2012 Ram 3500 mega cab dually. Down our way we do a lot and a lot of Duramax and not to many Cummins :cbadge2: and thought it would be a nice change so went out and ordered one from Dave Smith.

So as the story starts ordered an 2012 on 8/29/11 from Dave Smith. Flew down Oct. 4th to pick it up. Well this is where the fun starts. I get there and the truck hasn't even arrived yet!:banghead: It was suppose to be there that morning. So they set me up with a hotel and hoping it should be there in the next few hours so I can head home on my 18 hour drive. Well I check into the hotel and the front desk guy says ya sorry to hear about your truck falling off the train. I didn't know what to say but are you kidding me? So I got into my room and called my sale guy. Well of course he says umm no the truck not even hear yet blah blah. So there I wait saying this would happen to me ha! So I got have a few :beer. So finally it gets there and he drives it to me and of course the passenger side is scratch. Not as bad as I thought so thank god it could have been a lot worst.

So with that all the way and the fun adventure already with this truck I like to THANK all of the great sponsor who is making this build happen!

Toyo Tire
McGaughy's Lift Kits
RBP
Katzkin Leather
VIAIR
AVS
AMP Research
MBRP Exhaust
Pure Flow Airdog
H&S Performance
Premier Performance
Husky Liner
Titan Tank
Valair Clutch
Warn Winch
ARP Fasteners
American Force Wheels
PSC Motorsports
Wurton Lights
Bubba Rope
Jay's Auto Body
Street Trucks
Diesel World

THE LIST:
*APM Ram Air Hood
*Titan 52 Gallon Tank
*McGaughy's 7" Lift Kit
*Toyo 37 13.50 22"
*American Force Independence Black 22"
*H&S Mini Maxx
*H&S Egr/Cooler Delete Kit
*H&S Intake Horn With 4" Boost Tube
*MBRP 3.5" Passenger Intercooler Tube
*MBRP Turbo Back 5" Black
*Amp Research PowerSteps
*Amp Research BedStep
*Valair Dual Disc Organic Clutch
*ARP Headstuds
*Warn M12,000 Pound Winch
*Warn Winch Bumper With Warn Fog Lights
*RBP RX-3 Grille Black
*Katzkin Black Leather With Red Stitching
*Wurton 50" LED Light Bar
*4 Wurton 5" LED Light Bar
*AirDog II 165
*PSC Hydro Assist Kit
*PSC Steering Box Brace
*Husky Liner Weatherbeater
*VIAIR Dual 480C Compressor
*Custom Made Rear Bumper
*Blacking Out Inside Of Headlights
*All Plastic Painted Black
*Probably Forgot Something Else

Waiting list:
*Bolt On Rear Bag Kit Made By Us
*Twin Turbo Kit From Nathan at MPI
*Speed Steel Header
*Factory Center Console Made To Work With G56
*HID Projector Retofit

Let us know what you think! Will be keeping this build updated daily!

Vince

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
When is sema? Ive really considered going!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
looks like a sweet build!

not to hijack but look for my friend there, Mark he will have his cummins powered jeep there named kalaber, he's had it there before but it is still sweet.

Kalaber Creations | Facebook

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wow thats facking sweet looking, too bad those guys are giving you parts instead of helping out people who really need help. I wonder how many guys on here are driving on bald tires b/c fuel prices are high and or they are hurt or out of work. I hope you don't think its personal but when I see you can just go buy a 2011 truck and then see a dozen co. just throw parts at you, then i go down 2 posts and see a guy who cannot get to work tomorrow b/c his clutch is shot or his lift pump took a chit its just alittle sad, don't you think?

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
wow thats facking sweet looking, too bad those guys are giving you parts instead of helping out people who really need help. I wonder how many guys on here are driving on bald tires b/c fuel prices are high and or they are hurt or out of work. I hope you don't think its personal but when I see you can just go buy a 2011 truck and then see a dozen co. just throw parts at you, then i go down 2 posts and see a guy who cannot get to work tomorrow b/c his clutch is shot or his lift pump took a chit its just alittle sad, don't you think?
Looking forward to this build! Going to be a monster truck!

Carbon...

I see the point you are trying to make but also.... I think it comes down to if the person can't afford to replace there bald tires on there truck then why are the driving the thing in the first place? I know emergencies happen from time to time and you can be strapped for cash... I realize many use them for work but YOU as the consumer must realize "well when these 8 ply or 10 ply tires wear down its going to be expensive to replace before purchasing the truck..." Am I right?

I know this is a rant but I am going to keep going... It takes A LOT of work to get sponsorship's and such or at least I would imagine it would be. If it were easy everyone would be getting them. Don't ya think? Just food for thought anyhow...

Those guys that do these SEMA trucks put a lot of money and labor into these suckers!

Back on track.... :thumbsup:

Looking forward for pics OP!!!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Looking forward to this build! Going to be a monster truck!

Carbon...

I see the point you are trying to make but also.... I think it comes down to if the person can't afford to replace there bald tires on there truck then why are the driving the thing in the first place? I know emergencies happen from time to time and you can be strapped for cash... I realize many use them for work but YOU as the consumer must realize "well when these 8 ply or 10 ply tires wear down its going to be expensive to replace before purchasing the truck..." Am I right?

I know this is a rant but I am going to keep going... It takes A LOT of work to get sponsorship's and such or at least I would imagine it would be. If it were easy everyone would be getting them. Don't ya think? Just food for thought anyhow...

Those guys that do these SEMA trucks put a lot of money and labor into these suckers!

Back on track.... :thumbsup:

Looking forward for pics OP!!!
Yep. Obama's "Redistribution of Wealth" is carrying over to vehicles now too. I missed this new program, has it been in the news lately? Gotta love it!

By the way. Your dually is gonna look great! I too would love to check out SEMA, I've always wanted to go. But I gotta work, too many people depending on me (with all the redistribution and all). I'm sure I'll see it in Diesel Power. Good luck with the build.

Reactions: twistytony

·
Registered
131 Posts
Subscribed! Looks like it'll make Optimus proud

·
Registered
84 Posts
i'll keep an eye out for the truck at sema. it's coming up fast

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the final product!:thumbsup:

Reactions: rmmuller

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like it should turn out awesome, I hope the dealer to good care of you after all that..
Yes there are. Dodge is paying for it since it happen with the shipping it to the dealer.

cant wait to see it, We also have a booth set up at Sema this year.
Can't wait to meet you guys there.

Subscribed! Looks like it'll make Optimus proud
It funny you say that. That what first got my attention when I saw that mega cab dually!

typical SEMA truck...
Hope to change that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the complaint.

Everyone has there own opinion. I guess I see it a little different then you do and not taking this personal. I myself and very blessed at where I'm at and have work my butt off to get here! I still wonder everyday how a business like mine is still open in these hard times. There is a lot of people out there that don't have jobs but let me tell you a sad part. I been looking to hire people for over a year now. Everyone from high school up to there 40's. I'm amazed out lazy people our out there and what our government has done. When I was growing up which wasn't long ago since I'm only 24. My parents were making me work on my summer breaks at 10! I had to even pay taxes cause I made over the limit at 10! So to see these kids come into the shop wanting to learn and after two days they want $20 a hour. I worked at a shop for 3 years for FREE to learn. There people I know who are on employment and don't care to work cause there getting free money! Its BS! But there also tons of good people out there who are trying. Its like a catch 22. This is my business and what I do. Just because we have sponsors doesn't mean everything free? This is what SEMA all about and why companies sponsor shops. We build these trucks for SEMA so off all there products for other business to see whats new get ideas as well as get our name out there as a business. The way I feel with your comment is that your telling me not to grow in my business. Like I said nothing personal at all just stating my opinion as what you did. That's what this great Country about Freedom of Speech.

Now back to the good stuff. As soon as photobucket finish loading these pictures I will have some updates!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Huh-oh. You are only 24, there is gonna be more haters....LOL

Lookin forward to the build. A guy by the forum name DWiggs had a truck he called optimus on DTR. This could rival his truck when it is complete. Good Luck with the build.

Sub'd!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Carbon, for us it is considered advertising, this truck will definetly be seen, god bless those that cant find jobs, I cant find employee's

Sema is Nov.1, thru the 4th

I agree 100%. My family owns/runs 3 ASME Code fabrication shops and in this line of work there is a lot of labor intensive work, but it pays pretty good. And you would think with the status of our economy, and the number of people on unemployment at record highs you would have people lining up down the street when you have signs hanging in the front of the buildings saying "now hiring". But it is the exact oposite. It is terrible, we have the hardest time finding decent workers that will show up to work on time, and 5 days a week. And when you ask them to work overtime because knock on wood we are actually really busy and we need to work extra hours to get our vessels out the door a lot of our guys whine and moan about having to work late and I just think to myself here I am offering to pay you time and a half and your complaining?!?! There are a ton of people that would love to just be able to make 40 hrs. But on the flip side, if we happen to be slow one week and I have to send the same guy home early he'll be in& again....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i can appreciate all the hard work your going to put into this truck, but maybe you could do something to help others with it. It does look like it will be amazing. I guess around here the job market is not what it is in other places. Most times around here every business has any where between 100-1000 applications and they are coming in everyday.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 53 Posts