Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idle has been jumping about a hundred rpms up at idle in park and drive. Just changed fuel filter,air filter and gave it an oil change. Still does it. Decided to clean maf sensor and found out it was pretty nasty. Afterwards same idle jump. Noticed on my tuner the load %goes to around 35 to 40% and jumps which brings the idle and load back down. Voltage stays at a constant 13 volts. Any ideas? Also have a video I could upload if that helps.

2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn h&s mini maxx exhaust deletes banks intake

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That doesn't sound right, I've never seen above 15% load at idle and that's at -20F, during the summer I see 5-8%, load up that video like ^^^ he said and we can try to help.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Well if I wasn't looking at any of your gauges I would say it sounds fine, you certainly can't hear the hundred RPM. Is your air conditioning turned on at this point?
That would be about a needle width on your analog gauge. And that would be normal on my truck but I'm going to have a peek and see it digitally off of minimax. I'm just wondering if your percent load is the AC compressor cycling.
My thoughts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the ac have tried it on and off. Also lights on an off to see if that did anything. Still the same. If I'm sitting at a light you can feel it jump while it's in drive. If I hold the pedel at 1% throttle it will stop the surging but the load still stays the same.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
5000-7000psi if I remember correctly. I'm going to flip through the minimax screens on my truck tomorrow and see what it actually does in comparison.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
MAP sensor too. Did you do both?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Figured out the problem. My lift pump was in the way out. No more jumping truck. Load % 4-5 in park 8-9 in drive. Replaced with the fass system

1 - 14 of 14 Posts