Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Clayton @ Dude's Diesel Performance
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I been thinking about getting a 2010 or 2011 dodge 3500 but I'm not sure if it would be worth all that dang money lol I have heard of quite a few recalls and emission problems with them. Does anyone have a 2011 yet? Or should I get like a 07 and a half up or what. Is there any differences besides interior between the 2010 and the 2011?? Lemme know thanks guys!!

·
Administrator
7,072 Posts
I would go with an '11 if I were to buy another truck tomorrow. Minor differences between it and the '10, but the interior is decades ahead of 3rd gen.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Most of the problems were taken care of by the 09's. You don't hear too many problems with the 2010 and up trucks. I've got over 24K on mine now and not a problem.

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the minor differences?? Like powertrain wise? Or interior wise? Yeah I heard some of thr bugs were out but every once in awhile there's something with one of the 10's

·
MMMM......BACON!!!
2,652 Posts
I bought a 2011 in December. Already 5,000 miles and no CEL. I've been very pleased with it. Glad i traded in the '08 for this one.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Dude, go test drive one. it's worlds apart from your current.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just traded an '08 for a '11 and the difference is unbelievable. The '11 rides like a Caddy and the interior is very, very nice. Get the '11 and don't look back.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Like everyone has said, my '11 rides like a big cadillac and I personally love the truck. I have 8k on it since October and have not had a single issue.

James
RSD

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have test drove a 2010 and absolutely loved it but didn't buy because of the problems I I thought I was gonna have lol I'm just not looking forward to the 50k I gotta spend to get it lol

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have test drove a 2010 and absolutely loved it but didn't buy because of the problems I I thought I was gonna have lol I'm just not looking forward to the 50k I gotta spend to get it lol But I want one pretty bad

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have test drove a 2010 and absolutely loved it but didn't buy because of the problems I I thought I was gonna have lol I'm just not looking forward to the 50k I gotta spend to get it lol But I want one pretty bad

·
Banned
627 Posts
2010 with 10500 miles. No issues with the drivetrain. Track bar was replaced under warranty but that's it.

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's not bad and also if I grt a brand spanking new truck I won't be able to hardly do anything to it cause it would void the warranty and what kind of mpg are they getting???

·
Registered
19 Posts
i traded my 07 for a 10 and never happier. drives great and runs even better. got 34k on it and has not been in the shop yet. mpg range 18-21 depending on how i drive but it you run it hard you'll drop

2010 laramie 3500 dually 6 speed, black maxx, 5"tbe dpf delete, cold air intake, fuel rail plug

·
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh and I have been thinking about getting a standard but I don't know too much about them when you add power to them and upgrade the clutch and everything doesn't make it harder for it to shift gears when your trying to go through them fast?? Or do you just gotta figure out it's sweet spot

1 - 20 of 26 Posts