Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got that dreaded service def system engine will not start in 200 miles message today, so it's time to delete. I've got a 2011 crew cab c&c. Ive found a h&s mini maxx I'll be getting, but the straight pipe dpf and cat and egr delete kits I've found "wont work with cab and chassis trucks". Does anyone have any recommendations on kits to go with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, got that dreaded service def system engine will not start in 200 miles message today, so it's time to delete. I've got a 2011 crew cab c&c. Ive found a h&s mini maxx I'll be getting, but the straight pipe dpf and cat and egr delete kits I've found "wont work with cab and chassis trucks". Does anyone have any recommendations on kits to go with?
Flo Pro 654 or 655 depending on your frame length will work for an exhaust if you haven't already found one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking into buying a 2012 C&C 4500 from a local company for a great deal. The truck has been parked for a couple of months now due to the infamous derate light and the company not wanting to spend on a new dpf system. The truck runs great, has around 220k miles, RWD, single cab, nothing fancy. The truck was actually a septic tank pumping truck so it had an aluminum tank and whatnot on it. I want to get the truck and turn it into my welding rig but I am on the fence only because I have yet to find any info on tunes and tuners that will work on the 2011-2012 c&c trucks. I tried looking into DRD & mm3 stuff but those appear to be only for 2013 & up c&c's (correct me if I am wrong). I know the EGR systems are different and I might need an extended dpf deleted, but I can not find anything on any tunes to save my life. If somebody has a deleted 2012 c&c, I would like to know what setup you guys are running or if anybody can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm not looking for an outrageous hp tune, just something reliable. I'm planning on throwing a flatbed on the truck with a couple toolboxes and my welding rig, with some occasional towing to pick up material from my local metal place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking into buying a 2012 C&C 4500 from a local company for a great deal. The truck has been parked for a couple of months now due to the infamous derate light and the company not wanting to spend on a new dpf system. The truck runs great, has around 220k miles, RWD, single cab, nothing fancy. The truck was actually a septic tank pumping truck so it had an aluminum tank and whatnot on it. I want to get the truck and turn it into my welding rig but I am on the fence only because I have yet to find any info on tunes and tuners that will work on the 2011-2012 c&c trucks. I tried looking into DRD & mm3 stuff but those appear to be only for 2013 & up c&c's (correct me if I am wrong). I know the EGR systems are different and I might need an extended dpf deleted, but I can not find anything on any tunes to save my life. If somebody has a deleted 2012 c&c, I would like to know what setup you guys are running or if anybody can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm not looking for an outrageous hp tune, just something reliable. I'm planning on throwing a flatbed on the truck with a couple toolboxes and my welding rig, with some occasional towing to pick up material from my local metal place.
Brother! I'm in the same boat but I have done tons of search on this topic because its hard to find reliable data for those 2011-12 C&C trucks because they are the first ones with the DEF system and they have many problems. As you stated on the truck you want to buy, does it have the "service DEF, system will not start in 200 miles" warning? If so, check for the new SCR recall at the dealer. You can run the VIN and see if the free repair is available. Otherwise, be ready to delete by following this information. DRD and MM3 are great tuners but NOT for these years as stated before since the DEF doser use coolant to heat up the nozzle in other to let fluid into the SCR chamber. Sometimes that is the failure point and finding the part can cost $300 for it. The only tuner that is actually able to fool the ECM is the H&S Minimax but that company is NO longer in business so do NOT buy their stuff from anybody as they will not warranty or refund anything to you or any dealer. THE ONLY tuner available for your truck is the new EFI Live Auto Cal V3 2011 - 2012 6.7 Dodge Cummins Cab & Chassis 3500, 4500, 5500. It cost around $800-1200 depending on who you get it from. This tuner only has 3 tunes with are stock, tow, and street which are not crazy for power but you don't want to destroy the Japanese Transmission. Next is the EGR system in the engine bay, which is very easy to remove and not different at all from the pick-up trucks. You can watch it on Youtube, just search for Motorcity Mechanic Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins 67,500 mile service. He (David) goes into detail on how to clean the system by removing it first. The best way to plug the system is to get a kit mostly found on eBay to cover and re-route the coolant hoses. I have more details on that but you must find if the truck as any type of modification like cold air intake or any other. The final step is the exhaust system. Removing the DPF, DOC, SCR and DEF components is easy if you take a reciprocating saw to cut the entire pipe line. You don't really need to get extra pipe if you have the SLT cab but you do need a fiberglass muffler and a resonator to keep that engine quiet. The real pain in the ass is to have the tools and workspace to do this since a lot of shops won't even want to hear about messing with the emissions as many don't really know how to deal with them. Some will gut the inside of the filters in order to fool DOT inspectors so before you do any damage, check you local laws about emissions as many states are mandating that diesel trucks comply with zero NOx emissions. If you think you are up for a challenge and want the links to some parts, send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out. Just keep in mind that I'm not a mechanic or any expect but just a working man that wants a solid and reliable truck to earn a living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts