Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for little help with the future build.. what I have is a 2011 with all deletes black maxx cold air south bend duel disk clutch 5inch exhaust turbo back.. I pull a 15k camper some but not that much... talked to few people and this is what I'm coming up with.....air dog 150....180 nozzles...industrial injection 66/480 twin turbo..arp studs...duel cp3 pump 2nd gen manifold...800hp? any help would b appreciated am I going the right direction with this kinda build should I do any head work? this is my first build so im a little green..lol...thanks for any help..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are you going to open up the intake side for more flow into the engine?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Shoot, you don't need compounds for that! A single S464 can get you to the 700 neighborhood, 800 has been done on a single S467.7 ...But that's getting up there towards the upper size limit of what most people would want to tow with as a single turbo... But plenty of people do it with the right tuning!

If your heart is set on compounds, go T4 S400 / T6 S400... Something like this.

Exactly which S400 turbos would suit your needs the best is debatable, but most people agree that an S366 is too small for a 6.7! :thumbup:

You definitely need push rods & valve springs at 800HP... Give Zach Hamilton a call, he will get you lined out! :)

Tuning makes all the difference! Ditch that Black-Maxx for some EFIlive that's actually built around your setup!

Reactions: N1NJ4ON3R

·
Ducati M.
6,755 Posts
Also, compounds, and 800whp are a recipe for having a connecting rod punch a hole in the block. It's possible to limit torque in the bottom end to save it, but that defeats the purpose of compounds.

Reactions: recklessjeremy

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
Call Firepunk diesel for a 300/400 compound set up. They are baaaaad to the bone. Injectors go big rather than too small so your all right there. As suggested I would certainly to valve springs and push rods while injectors are being done. Everything's will just be a brand pissing match between everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Ummmmm, What about your tranny?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys been thinking about this parts list.. goin to change it up....so what ya think?
s464 turbo?
100hp nozzles..or should I go bigger?
springs and rods..
150 air dog...
arp studs...
efi tune..
Do I need to run a duel cp3 pump or is the air dog goin to do the job?
Im just little picky with what I do with my truck just want to do the right thing...
If there is something I need to add or do different please let me know...
thanks for the info...

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
ok guys been thinking about this parts list.. goin to change it up....so what ya think?

s464 turbo?

springs and rods..

150 air dog...

arp studs...

efi tune..

Im just little picky with what I do with my truck just want to do the right thing...

thanks for the info...

You'll need a 10mm cp3 or duals.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
s464 turbo?
springs and rods..
150 air dog...
arp studs...
efi tune..
thanks for the info...

Turbo is good
Go bigger on injectors 200hp (100% overs) and dial em back with EFI
Springs & pushrods are good insurance, I've always ran stock on a street truck.
IMHO I'd do FASS over the Airdog, (just personal preference)
You can get away with 425s (ARP 2000s) and be fine, the 464 is eliminating the drive pressure issues so you're good with stock head bolts or 425s
Yes EFI for tuning.
You need dual pumps. Fuel (cp3/injectors) is an expensive purchase, so buy more than you need the first time so you'll have enough when you decide you need a 484 to go with that 464.

Annnnnnd don't forget about your Trans in all this, didn't see if you were auto or manual. But either way you're gonna need to build the auto or buy a stout clutch (Valair street triple)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Annnnnnd don't forget about your Trans in all this, didn't see if you were auto or manual. But either way you're gonna need to build the auto or buy a stout clutch (Valair street triple)
He's got a G56 & a South Bend Dual Disk... I think hes ok in the trans department unless he just really beats on the thing daily!
Those clutches are rated for like 650 RWHP but they have been proven to hold quite a bit more than that!

The electric lift pump (Air Dog, FASS) is just a low pressure / high volume pump & all it does is supply the (high pressure) CP3 injection pump(s) with plenty of fuel (from the tank) so it/they can pressurize the rail while you're trying to drain it at the same time with those big nozzles! Lol

Look into the Fleece Performance PowerFlo 750 CP3... Fleece gives it a 750HP rating but people have made a good bit more than that on them, mid 800 range is pretty common... Quite a bit cheaper than going duals if you're interested in keeping cost down.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
The fleece 10mill pump and 200hp nozzles are working great in my truck. Best of luck with the build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts