Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased truck now has 2000 mi on it and gets 10-12 mpg.
dont want any more power just some milage , will it get better ?
Would like to keep warranty what can i do?:confused013:

·
Registered
870 Posts
No it wont. Do the deletes, thats the only way to get mileage. When in regen its basically dumping fuel out the tail pipe

·
Registered
616 Posts
Agreed these trucks aren't worth a dime IMO withe the stock exhaust they are basically clogged up and can't breathe in turn kills the efficiency of them unless that stuff is off of there you gotta suffer

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dang thats low, even for a 11. My 11 CC SWB 4x4 AUTO got 15.7 new, now with about 2500 miles I'm getting in the 17's, hand calc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's about what my 2010 2500 gets man
4500 miles on it and just did the deletes!!!! Tired of wasting money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is terrible! My '09 gets 18 on avarage...stock (or so my overhead says)

I did just get my first "smog Required Certificate" :banghead:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just purchased truck now has 2000 mi on it and gets 10-12 mpg.
dont want any more power just some milage , will it get better ?
Would like to keep warranty what can i do?:confused013:
First off :welcome: Secondly tell us a little bit about the truck, filling out your signature will help as well. Is the truck auto/manual and what rearend? Stock I saw anywhere from 15 to 18mpg, but thats a QC SB with an auto and 3.73 rearend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First off :welcome: Secondly tell us a little bit about the truck, filling out your signature will help as well. Is the truck auto/manual and what rearend? Stock I saw anywhere from 15 to 18mpg, but thats a QC SB with an auto and 3.73 rearend.
long box crew cab 6 spd auto 3.73 gears 35" tires 2" level kit :doh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thinking about just doing dpf delete kit and h&s programmer ,dont realy need any more power and i hear if leave cat in , cab is still very quiet . hope this will help milage any ideas would help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2011 CTD Mega 4X4 Laramie with "Full Delete" H&S, TV Delete, 5" FLO PRO and the truck is amazing.

I too was getting 12mpg but thats a thing of the past. I am still on my 1st tank after deletes. I am guessing 15-17city.

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Sounds like my '11 3500 4x4 dually. I averaged only 10.8 before I did the Mini Maxx, EGR and 5 inch exhaust. I pull on average middle 14 mpg with a heavy foot at times. I am sure if I drove more on the highway than county roads I would see better mileage.

James
RSD

·
Registered
33 Posts
my 2010 is getting around 19 to 23 on highway and 15 give or take around the city stopping and going, my truck is still stock for now until i get back to work steady

·
Registered
602 Posts
Why do people put on these huge tires, and then complain about their mileage? Just asking... but I have an 01 Off-Road Edition gasser, with 6" lift and 35" tires, and it gets $h!tty gas mileage, but I expect it too!

·
Registered
233 Posts
my 2010 is getting around 19 to 23 on highway and 15 give or take around the city stopping and going, my truck is still stock for now until i get back to work steady
Sometimes when I get off on an off ramp, let off the pedal and hit the "reset" on the MPG at the same time I get 99.9 MPG according to the readout. Then get 40-50 MPG for the next few blocks. I too am totally stock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
SHoot, if my truck got what bales did, id be a happy camper. Just filled up, 330 miles (quarter tank left) 21.5 gallons added, 15.3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts