Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2011 2500 high output

1597 Views 33 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Believer45
Good day people!

I have a 2011 dodge ram 2500 slt with 6.7 Cummins 68RFE trans with tow package.

I'm trying to figure out if it has the high output or standard output. It has a badge on the tailgate that says high output put I'm the second owner so who knows if that's the original tailgate. I've looked on this forum to but no solid answers.

I've called a bunch of dealerships with vin number and they can't seam to give me a solid answer some say it is and some say its not. I even called Cummins they couldn't tell me either.

So is there another way to find out which Cummins my truck has?

Thanks all!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
I have a 2011 with the HO. The badge is no longer on the tailgate, but you can see where it was broken off. Also, there is a noticeable sound difference from the engine in a 2011 HO versus a 2010/2011 standard output... the only reason I for certain know this is from when I hauled my 2011 100 miles for the transmission repair with my best friends 2010.

Reactions: CUMMINSSPITFIRE6.7

· Registered
774 Posts
Your 2011 will have the HO badge on the tailgate if indeed it has that motor well, unless someone has debadged it. My late production 2011 has the HO with said badge.

Reactions: CUMMINSSPITFIRE6.7

· Registered
5,456 Posts
Your 2011 will have the HO badge on the tailgate if indeed it has that motor well, unless someone has debadged it. My late production 2011 has the HO with said badge.
He said that in his first post, but that they can also easily be swapped.

· Registered
32 Posts
Check out this information, it says 2011.5 for the H.O. within 800 ft. lb. and the 68RFE.

Attachments

Reactions: 5.7 Hemi

· Registered
19 Posts
Good day people!

I'm trying to figure out if it has the high output or standard output. It has a badge on the tailgate that says high output put I'm the second owner so who knows if that's the original tailgate. I've looked on this forum to but no solid answers.

I've called a bunch of dealerships with vin number and they can't seam to give me a solid answer some say it is and some say its not. I even called Cummins they couldn't tell me either.

Thanks all!
Put your VIN number in this site, it will give you your Build Sheet.
Go to this site, it will give you your build sheet. Hope it helps?

· Registered
2 Posts
Good day people!

Thanks all!

Put your van at the end of that website link and it will tell you your build sheet from Dodge

· Registered
9 Posts
Good day people!

Thanks all!
Go online and pull up your window sticker. That will tell you everything you need to know.
Im almost POSITIVE, that the HO engine did not come out until 2012

· Registered
2011 Ram 2500 SLT Big Horn auto CC SB 2WD
19 Posts
Looks like a mid year introduction in 2011, came available the second quarter of 2011 with all automatic transmission trucks only. Published in Torque News Feb 9, 2011 from the 2011 Chicago Auto Show.

Link to press release

I bought a 2011 last fall with production date in February and it is not the high output. I still have a ton of power, tows my trailer just fine with my 650 lb/ft of torque. I have to use cruise control to keep my speed down. Still, I would have liked to get the high output had I known about it, just because.

Dave / Believer45

21 - 34 of 34 Posts