Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2010 (Rear entertainment system deletes rear window defrost!!??)

2024 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  navyavi469
If you've ever sat there and spec'd out your new 2010 RAM on the dodge website, something odd I noticed. Apparently you can't have a rear window defroster, AND the rear entertainment video screen.

WTF? :banghead:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
Probably because it comes with the power rear slider. You can only get rear defroster on solid rear window trucks, as in previous years.

· Premium Member
390 Posts
I have never heard of that!! I wish I could get the defroster on my slider!

· Registered
18 Posts
The rear defrost button is right above the temperture control slides on my ac/heater controls. Works great on rear power slider.

· Registered
18 Posts
The button operates the heated mirrors ( if equipped) and rear defroster

the following is afrom my 2009 owners manual pg. 172:
Rear Window Features-
The rear window defroster button is located on the climate control panel. Press this button to turn on the rear window defroster and the heated outside mirrors ( if equipped). An indicator in the button will illiminate when the rear window defroster is on....

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
The button operates the heated mirrors ( if equipped) and rear defroster

the following is afrom my 2009 owners manual pg. 172:
Rear Window Features-
The rear window defroster button is located on the climate control panel. Press this button to turn on the rear window defroster and the heated outside mirrors ( if equipped). An indicator in the button will illiminate when the rear window defroster is on....
Can you see the heating element wires on your back window? I have the same button, but all it does is heat my mirrors.

· Premium Member
390 Posts
2009 BUILD A DODGE: OPTION-GFA Rear Window Defroster- Includes a fixed glass window that replaces the standard equipment sliding electric rear window.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally I like the tundra rear glass, the whole thing goes down like a passenger window.... you still get the defrost option... and you have much more versatility than a prison-door window. Why the other manufactueres dont do this is a mystery. Only thing I like about toyotas, thats it.

The thread however, was NOT about the rear slider and the defrost. It was about the Rear Entertainment system, i.e. the overhead video screen. THAT option seems to delete the rear defrost and I can't figure out why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.