Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has a huge write up on the 2010 ram 2500/3500, it look like a kick a$$ truck, it can tow 18,500 pounds. The best part is it has the styling of the 2009 ram 1500. Looks like they tweaked the suspension to make it ride even better. According to this site, it is supposed to come out in fall 2009. The only downside is that they put more emission crap on the 6.7 liter diesel. Guys if this site is right, and I think they are, then this truck is going to be awesome, finally dodge is releasing a truck worthy of holding the massive cummins engine. With a six speed auto tranny, this truck looks like it will be rock solid. Check the article out for yourselves.

2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty pickup truck news

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love thos trucks and like the interior, but thonk back to the 2nd gen trucks, or even 1st gen, those were manly interiors, these new ones are like cadillacs on the inside. Still like it though

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Look at the competition's interiors, Chevy has always had the most comfy interiors, ford is stepping up their game. Dodge is following. I personally like it, and love it's interior alot better then the one in my truck!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Look at the competition's interiors, Chevy has always had the most comfy interiors, ford is stepping up their game. Dodge is following. I personally like it, and love it's interior alot better then the one in my truck!
Same here.

By the end of the day, someone is sure to pop off about how terrible it is to have a nice interior and that they didn't buy the truck to have a nice ride in.

·
Banned
531 Posts
i wonder if the gauge cluster will step up and give an integrated boost gauge, and trans temp gauge, maybe if dodge played their cards right give us a pyro gauge. i know ford diesel's have a boost gauge why can't dodge do the same. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh I like the nice interior, don't get me wrong, but the nicer the interior, the more your gonna hate it when someone puts their fat boots on the dash, or gets in with mud all over their clothes

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
man, this is a great looking truck! I need to buy a dodge now and drive it untill there are a lot of used 2010 Models out there and trade in on one of those. I love the looks of the Crew cab short box SLT. The interior doesn't look really cheap, love the intergrated brake controller to!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anybody heard the rumor of dodge trucks no longer coming with the cummins. I heard that Cummins might go in the Fords and Dodge will get a Mercedes Diesel. Either way we would be in good shape, Mercedes makes a great motor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anybody heard the rumor of dodge trucks no longer coming with the cummins. I heard that Cummins might go in the Fords and Dodge will get a Mercedes Diesel. Either way we would be in good shape, Mercedes makes a great motor.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:banghead:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anybody heard the rumor of dodge trucks no longer coming with the cummins. I heard that Cummins might go in the Fords and Dodge will get a Mercedes Diesel. Either way we would be in good shape, Mercedes makes a great motor/QUOTE]

why wont this rumor go away?

·
Banned
51 Posts
Cummins Will Always Stay With Dodge!!!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
as much as i would hate dodge to loose cummins, i think a cummins motor in the ford truck would be one of the best combos available. I am a big dodge cummins guy but love the looks of some of them fords...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Remember when Mercedes owned Chrysler? thats where the rumor may have come from, Mercedes may have wanted to put their engine in a dodge, but I think now that Mercedes sold Dodge/Chrysler, that Dodge will stick with Cummins. I do think that if cummins goes away from dodge they will be royally screwed, as the cummins is the only reason 99% of people buy dodges.

I did hear that the mercedes design team helped with the 2009 1500 ram and the 2010 2500/3500 ram. I can totally believe that because it is a sick truck, and finally got a decent interior.

·
Registered
143 Posts
how is the new truck different than the current truck mechanically? Where are the days of dual saddle tanks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
New trucks look sweet but I think I'll stick with the no DPF version I have now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts