Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2010 Fuel Filter Question

2068 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Super Briar
I was wondering if any owners of the 2010 6.7L could post up a couple good pictures of their fuel filter assembly of their truck.

I'm trying to determine if the 2010 fuel filter can be adapted to the earlier 6.7 trucks.

Thank you,
Wayne
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,659 Posts
I was wondering if any owners of the 2010 6.7L could post up a couple good pictures of their fuel filter assembly of their truck.

I'm trying to determine if the 2010 fuel filter can be adapted to the earlier 6.7 trucks.

Thank you,
Wayne
I've asked that same question to a Cummins Engineer over on TDR. They have no plans for a conversion kit for the 2007.5 - 2009's.

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bio Man,

Thanks a million for the pics...

It doesn't look like it will bolt up in place of the older 6.7 filters...old filter has bolt pattern that is horizontal & the 2010 fuel filter bolt pattern is vertical.

· Registered
73 Posts
I would love for someone with skills greater than mine to figure out and/or fabricate a way to make the 2010 filters fit the 07.5-09 6.7's! Changing filters on my 09 is a PITA!

I will be following this thread!

-Uncle Jimbo

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
that looks like it's in the exact same position as the filter on the 5.9's....which is where they shoulda left it on the 3g 6.7's :doh:

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I would love for someone with skills greater than mine to figure out and/or fabricate a way to make the 2010 filters fit the 07.5-09 6.7's! Changing filters on my 09 is a PITA!

I will be following this thread!

-Uncle Jimbo
Uncle Jimbo,

Your wish is my command....

I'm going to head up to the Dodge dealer today & get a schamatic & price on a complete 2010 fuel filter assembly to see how feasable it is to mount one of these on the earliar 6.7's. I have the means to make the bracket, I'm just wondering if the eailier plugs that go into the FIW sensor & fuel heater are the same as the 2010 filters.

I'll let ya guys know what I find out.

· Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just came back from the Dodge dealer & when the parts guy pulled up the schmatic for the new 2010, 6.7L fuel filter assembly all it showed was the same fuel filter assembly that is on the 7.5-09 trucks.

Geno's Garage lists the 2010 fuel filters & shells in their catalog so I called them. They said they do not have them yet & don't know when they will get them. They also told me the Dodge dealers don't have them yet either because they are so new.

Are there any members who work for a Dodge Dealer who can try & get & schamitic of the 2010 fuel filter assembly & possably post it on this thread...I will name my next kid after you if ya can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.