Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2010 3500 which an exploded tf case. I’ve repaired all lines and am working on the wiring now. The problem I have is after repairing the wires that obviously went together I only have 5 wires for the tf case. All of the diagrams I see say that there is seven wires. And most of the ones I have don’t match the colors of the ones in the diagram. Could anyone lead me to link for the wiring schematic for this? All I can find is just the plugdiagram. Thanks I’m advance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

·
Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
1,424 Posts
Now would be a good time to install locking hubs, keep the front DS from spinning constantly.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The pin out lines up with the wiring diagram I posted, but is used on an 8-pin connector - which is possibly used on various models of transfer cases.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When matching the wires to the pins, the pinout only shows the primary wire color; so for example, you'll need to pay attention that the wire for pin A5 is YL/GY on wire T316.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Dynatrac

·
Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
1,424 Posts
Spyntec and Yukon make some also. Pretty much personal preference at that point as they all do the same thing. My wallet decided for me and Spyntec hasn’t let me down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When matching the wires to the pins, the pinout only shows the primary wire color; so for example, you'll need to pay attention that the wire for pin A5 is YL/GY on wire T316.
Spyntec and Yukon make some also. Pretty much personal preference at that point as they all do the same thing. My wallet decided for me and Spyntec hasn’t let me down.
Is this what you are looking for?

View attachment 926542
The pin out lines up with the wiring diagram I posted, but is used on an 8-pin connector - which is possibly used on various models of transfer cases.
View attachment 926641

View attachment 926642
And the other 3 have nothing connected to them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While looking at the 2 different diagrams last night I noticed the there is a discrepancy between the two. The shift motor A and B are in opposite positions. Now the 4 low light is on in all positions of the switch, in some it is blinking. Will swapping those wires fix my problem, or do you think I have a different problem?

·
Registered
490 Posts
While looking at the 2 different diagrams last night I noticed the there is a discrepancy between the two. The shift motor A and B are in opposite positions. Now the 4 low light is on in all positions of the switch, in some it is blinking. Will swapping those wires fix my problem, or do you think I have a different problem?
I guess I don't understand what the discrepancy is. Both A and B wires on both diagrams are the same. Line T315 on pin A4 for shift motor A is Yellow and brown while shift motor B (T316) on Pin A5 is yellow and gray.

Perhaps if you swapped those on install that is what is causing the problems.

Now, I will say, I have seen where the wiring is wrong, courtesy of Mopar TechAuthority. But it could also be how the diagram is shown versus how the user looks at it on the truck. I'll try to take a look at my truck when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
I thought you have a 5 wire harness? Which one did you follow? Does the 8 wire connector reflect the wiring for your truck?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here's a pic from the connector on my truck. I thought I got all the wires in it, but it looks like I got the two that you are wondering about...of course, it was hard to tell which was what because of all the dirt, but it does look like pin 4 has the yellow and brown wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a pic from the connector on my truck. I thought I got all the wires in it, but it looks like I got the two that you are wondering about...of course, it was hard to tell which was what because of all the dirt, but it does look like pin 4 has the yellow and brown wire. View attachment 926729
Thank you so much. I did have them switched from yours. Now the only thing wrong is that the 4wd light flashes all the time. Could be something in the tf case, it’s used not reman.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Can you pull and post the codes? I'll see what I can dig up in the service manual tomorrow regarding the flashing 4WD light.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts