Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Dodge owners -

I'm brand new to this forum and I must say that I am not very mechanically inclined, but I'm going to do my best.

I bought this truck about 9 months ago and was recently told that I need to replace the engine (it only has 84,xxx miles). The truck is shredding the serpentine belt due to the camshaft (or is it the crankshaft?) coming out when I'm accelerating. I trust the diesel shop that I've been going to, but feel that there must be a way to "rebuild" the engine to correct this rather than replacing the entire engine.

Is there a trusted mechanic in or around Denver that I can take this to and get a second opinion ? I purchased the extended warranty that has been ok (not bad, but not great) to work with.

Thank you in advance for your help!

-Glenn

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi fellow Dodge owners -

I'm brand new to this forum and I must say that I am not very mechanically inclined, but I'm going to do my best.

I bought this truck about 9 months ago and was recently told that I need to replace the engine (it only has 84,xxx miles). The truck is shredding the serpentine belt due to the camshaft (or is it the crankshaft?) coming out when I'm accelerating. I trust the diesel shop that I've been going to, but feel that there must be a way to "rebuild" the engine to correct this rather than replacing the entire engine.

Is there a trusted mechanic in or around Denver that I can take this to and get a second opinion ? I purchased the extended warranty that has been ok (not bad, but not great) to work with.

Thank you in advance for your help!

-Glenn
I would trust Gray Performance in Boulder. Jeremy Gray owns it. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts