Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2010 cab sizes

1281 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  95f150
I am considering a 2010 diesel 3500, my question is are the new quad cabs bigger than previous years?, I want an 8' bed and realize you can,t get the megacab in 8' bed, also how are the new seats, better? would be looking at the larime or what ever is the plushest interior. Thanks in advance
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
424 Posts
no quad cabs in the Heavy Duties I believe. Regular, Crew and Mega only. 8 foot beds in regular and crew. I have an 09 half ton and a 09 3500 and the new seats are 1000 times better than the old. I have a Laramie 1/2 ton with heated cooling seats.

· PA Cummins
160 Posts
I am considering a 2010 diesel 3500, my question is are the new quad cabs bigger than previous years?, I want an 8' bed and realize you can,t get the megacab in 8' bed, also how are the new seats, better? would be looking at the larime or what ever is the plushest interior. Thanks in advance
Laramie comes with leather. The new crew cab that replaces the quad cab has more leg room in the back.

· Registered
12 Posts
New Dodge purchase

I have an 08 3500 Laramie, full load. I went to the Dodge dealer and had a look and the new full load Laramies - they are absolutely gorgeous! (if an oilpatch guy like me can use that word...)
I was told that the new "crew cab" replaces the mega cab, and is in between the mega and the 4 dr of old. When I sat in the back, there was lots of room, but no room behind the seats. It seems to me that there is similar passenger space to the mega cab, just a little less space for your junk!!
I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the truck, the layout was nice, and it really was like sitting in a luxury vehicle. It sure makes my 08 look like an old beast......if only I didn't have 20 payments left on that one.:banghead:

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I have an 08 3500 Laramie, full load. I went to the Dodge dealer and had a look and the new full load Laramies - they are absolutely gorgeous! (if an oilpatch guy like me can use that word...)
I was told that the new "crew cab" replaces the mega cab, and is in between the mega and the 4 dr of old. When I sat in the back, there was lots of room, but no room behind the seats. It seems to me that there is similar passenger space to the mega cab, just a little less space for your junk!!
I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the truck, the layout was nice, and it really was like sitting in a luxury vehicle. It sure makes my 08 look like an old beast......if only I didn't have 20 payments left on that one.:banghead:
They are still producing the mega cab. It's the quad cab that was dropped in favor of the crew cab.:thumbsup:

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - so let me get this straight, the 1500 series 4 door(not megacab) is smaller than the 2500/3500 4door or crew cab as you call it. the reaso I am asking is because I went to the local dealer today and they only had 1500 trucks and I was not impressed with the rear seat room as I am an average 6' 200 lbs person. But if the 2500/3500 series cab is bigger than that makes sense, sorry for the dumb questions but the 18 yr old kid at the dealer wasn,t exactly helpfull. The front seat was nice and especialy liked the head rest placement and I liked all the cubby holes and places to load it up with all the junk i don,t need.

· Registered
424 Posts
The rear seat room in the crew cab 1500 and heavy duties are the same. Yes, they are small like GM crew cabs. If you need a lot of room, get a mega cab or super duty. My kids kick the back of the seats in my 09 1/2 ton crew cab. Hence they don't ride in it.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
1500's have quad cab and crew cab. 2500's have crew cab and mega cab. crew cabs have plenty of leg room. im 6'4 and with front seats all the way back, i still have leg room

· Registered
48 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 2010 2500. The wife and I are going back and forth between the crew cab and the mega cab.

I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam and I sat in the back seat of a crew cab and had a lot of room. The mega cab has a few more inches of leg room, but loses the in-floor coolers and under seat storage. It replaces all that with behind the seat storage that allows the rear seat to recline a bit.

I'll probably go with the crew cab as it's going to be a tight fit in the garage. :)

· Registered
12 Posts
They are still producing the mega cab. It's the quad cab that was dropped in favor of the crew cab.:thumbsup:
You are definately correct. I went on the website and was able to price one out! I got my information from the dealer in town, and apparently they don't know what they are talking about (surprise....:shock:).
The biggest truck I had before this was and extended cab 1500 chevy (I know sorry....:spank:I saw the light).
The 08 I have has so much more space, I am always amazed at how much stuff I can cram in there!

· Registered
12 Posts
Ok - so let me get this straight, the 1500 series 4 door(not megacab) is smaller than the 2500/3500 4door or crew cab as you call it. the reaso I am asking is because I went to the local dealer today and they only had 1500 trucks and I was not impressed with the rear seat room as I am an average 6' 200 lbs person. But if the 2500/3500 series cab is bigger than that makes sense, sorry for the dumb questions but the 18 yr old kid at the dealer wasn,t exactly helpfull. The front seat was nice and especialy liked the head rest placement and I liked all the cubby holes and places to load it up with all the junk i don,t need.
You could be making a mistake by buying just what you need now. You might regret buying a crew cab 2500 or 3500 later when you find out you need a little more space. I don't remember hearing from people telling me that they have way more space than they need! Its always they have way more stuff than space. I put all sorts of stuff like jackets, boots, etc behind the seats so it isnt rolling around the cab. I know lots of people that have the quad cab, and wish they would have purchased the mega cab. I have not ran into anyone that has purchased a mega cab that wishes they would have went smaller.
Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
817 Posts
You could be making a mistake by buying just what you need now. You might regret buying a crew cab 2500 or 3500 later when you find out you need a little more space. I don't remember hearing from people telling me that they have way more space than they need! Its always they have way more stuff than space. I put all sorts of stuff like jackets, boots, etc behind the seats so it isnt rolling around the cab. I know lots of people that have the quad cab, and wish they would have purchased the mega cab. I have not ran into anyone that has purchased a mega cab that wishes they would have went smaller.
Just my 2 cents.
Lol. yep, im one of those guys. First had a 4.7ltr reg cab 1/2 ton dodge, then wanted more power so got the reg cab hemi, then needed more room and wanted more balls, so bought the quad CTD, Now i love the power but the back seats are useless, i knew i should of bought the mega!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.