Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buddy of mine has a 2010, we just installed a 4 inch flo pro turbo back, with a smarty jr. It has 43,000 miles, and he wants to service the transmission. IS there a good write up that can show the steps to do it? He also wants to do an EGR delete, but doesnt doing the egr delete cause more drive pressure? is it safe for the stock head bolts? We will be putting head studs in the near future.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Idk about servicing the tranny although I do need to do that soon. I did delete the egr almost 30k miles ago an haven't had any problems.

2010 CC, LB, laramie, SRW fully deleted, 4" TBE w/muffler, S&B CAI, H&S mm w/ TT, nav unlock

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have read that the EGR cooler acts as a wastegate...... maybe search for that. I am pretty surfe the EGR its self doesnt have anything to do with drive pressure.

- Dave

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Although I haven't done the tranny service on this truck yet I would assume it is straight forward. Drop the pan, clean the goods, replace the main filter, replace the twist on filter (being careful not to over tighten), bolt the pan back up to proper torque spec and fill her to the proper level with Amsoil. From what I understand the threaded shaft on the twist on filter is plastic, ATS has an upgraded billet shaft that I will be using when I do mine. As for the EGR cooler, There is a theory that it acts as an expansion tank of sorts. Will removing it immediately take out you head gasket, Nay. I removed mine and Have had no problems I only roll around on mild until I get studs tho. If you were to leave this cooler in place, I would remove all coolant flow to and from it if possible. One of the problems is it can crack and take out the turbo with coolant.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.