Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving onto the Grille as part of my "2013 like" front end refresh (a little vicarious fun) and tonight I discovered something that probably everyone knows but me. There are TWO new grilles for 2013. Larame and Laramie Longhorn and they're different. The Laramie is a honeycomb look and the Laramie Longhorn has a mesh look. See here:

Larame:

Laramie Longhorn:

My Current:

I'm leaning towards the Laramie (honeycomb) even though the Laramie Longhorn is fancier. But wanted to ask those who have seen them their thoughts. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
guzzler, I'm a huge fan of the new Laramie grill (not laramie longhorn) ... I think your truck would look amazing with the Laramie grill! good luck

PS: the Big horn / lone star grill is all new as well (one less bar per section)... technically all the 2013 grills are different because the ram shield has cut off angles on each side at the top of the shield.

I'm loving your head lamp upgrade!

Reactions: 67guzzler

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guzzler, I'm a huge fan of the new Laramie grill (not laramie longhorn) ... I think your truck would look amazing with the Laramie grill! good luck

PS: the Big horn / lone star grill is all new as well (one less bar per section)... technically all the 2013 grills are different because the ram shield has cu5 off angles on each side at the top of the shield.

I'm loving your head lamp upgrade!
Thanks DB! Ram3500Dually pointed out that the new SLT Big Horn / Lone Star grille is like the prior Laramie but with one less bar (who catches these things :confused013: -- You all have amazing eyes).

Apparently the fitment isn't perfect putting the 2013 grilles in a 2010-2012 as a little fab work might be in order.

I'm leaning towards 2013 BASE Laramie honeycomb grille too. :D

Reactions: DIESELBLOCK

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
that's the one... not a fan of longhorn grill...looks cheaper than laramie

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently that's part number 68147353AA. I haven't gotten the Laramie Longhorn P/N yet... Got pricing though and they're not cheap. List has them $480+ and discounted they're around $330 - $360 depending on the supplier and their shipping policies.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I like the grill you already have better than the 2013. JMO.
And I 100% appreciate it. I like the 2010 Laramie bars that I have just fine. It's been 3 years though and looking for a refresh but with an OEM flair. As much as I'm tempted to get a 2013 (and I sure am as you know) It's a helluva less costly than a 2013. Mortgage paid off in 6/2015 (paying double principal since 1/2011) so maybe a 2015 / 2016 is in my future.

In the meantime this is just a lil somp'n somp'n till then. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: whitenite

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't care for the 13 grills at all, I'm a fan of the one on your truck. The expanded metal look of the 13 looks bling bling..
I hear you loud and clear. I think the 2013 Laramie honeycomb is appealing to me though. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
It won't be long until someone with a '13 will want to install a '12 grille.
That will be ME, putting the grille from my 2010 into the 2013 if it ever shows up.........

·
Registered
286 Posts
Please don't put either one of those grilles on your truck they are terrible. Put that money into your mortgage or another mod!

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Please don't put either one of those grilles on your truck they are terrible. Put that money into your mortgage or another mod!
Really? You don't think this looks sharp?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I HAVE to say i like the grill pictured above because it looks like my Denali grill (like an electric razor, or cheese cutter), but that is why it shouldn't be on your Ram :spank::spank:. Hey Guzzler, if you can afford the grill/lights, and it save you from buying a new truck right now, get it done and post pics. But i do like your 2010 Laramie grill the best.

·
Registered
286 Posts
No just looks to busy and flashy your current grille looks much better.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.