Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 94 Dually and ran across a guy selling a sep of 2008 front seats and center console cheap. Would love to put them in but will they fit? Don't know if they are electric...

·
Registered
17,610 Posts
I think you need to get out the tape measure and check them carefully. IIRC, the seatbelts in the new trucks are integrated into the seat frames, so the seat mounting points would be the big issue. As for the contour of the floor pan idk. I would think the width would not be an issue. However it goes, could you let us know? One of these days my seat covers will wear out, so replacing the seats out of a 3rd gen could be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
Think you'll also need the seat belt control module and figure out how to hook it up.
It's not just a couple wires...

·
Registered
238 Posts
With some cutting and welding you can fit there any seats, as long as they're not wider than the interior space.
I heard that leather seats from 02 2nd gen are the best seats ever made for Dodge trucks, and they will fit and bolt up nice if taken from reg cab.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...sounds like more hassle than it is worth. If it was a simple bolt in...I'd be all over it...soon as it involves welding and redoing the wiring system I run out of hours in the day.
Forgot the later ones used an integrated seatbelt...had that on my 98.5. I'd guess they strengthen the floor pan to handle the load during an accident. Guess I'll just have the stock seats recovered and re-foamed and call it good.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Instead of "re foamed" try this:

http://www.diesel-max.com/3rdgenfrontseatfix/"

Did this on my truck years ago still feels great.

Floyd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Instead of "re foamed" try this:

http://www.diesel-max.com/3rdgenfrontseatfix/"

Did this on my truck years ago still feels great.

Floyd
Thanks for the link. The seats have the ubiquitous torn seat cover, so I think I'll just have a local upholstery shop take care of them and redo the foam front and back while they have them off. If the seat covers are NOT ripped, that is definitely the way to go. I go thru cars and trucks like water so I am sure another seat fix will be in my future without a ripped cover (yet!)...have that one bookmarked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts