Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 2008, 6.7, 3500, 4X4, Mega Cab Ram with 5,000 miles on it.

Drove from Grand Junction, CO to Boulder, CO and returned last Saturday. Set the cruise on 70 mph were it remained except approximately 60 miles over Vail Pass and Eisenhower and it was snowy. The chain law was in effect headed eastbound over Vail.

The round trip was 523 miles. Took 30.4 gallons to refill the tank for 17.2 miles per gallon.

Just offering up food for thought. FWIW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hand calculated or overhead? If it's hand calculated then you're doing great!

·
HI
3,440 Posts
sounds like hand calculated. you are one of the exceptions with that millage

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
mine has consistently been 17 MPG mostly city driving and a little towing. Overhead is saying 21+. I need to get out on a good highway run to see what thats like.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm only halfway through this tank, the overhead is showing 20.8 MPG. When I hand calculate the overhead is typically 1.8 more than actual average...so my guess is I have averaged between 18.5 and 19.0 MPG.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
With almost 24k miles...

On a 495.5 mile trip, I took 29.63 gallons. I'd used a double dose of Power Service's additive (not sure it's doing anything for MPG though). This was probably 95% highway at 70-75 MPH.

16.72 MPG

Overhead read 17.9-18.0 and was reset before I filled up. This is on the AX flash, which didn't make any difference over AU for me. (2007.5's only)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did a trip from Wooster Ohio to Downtown Indianapolis, just got back on this past Saturday. Round trip 576.5 miles. Total gallons 31.879=18.084005 mpg. Over head showed any where between 18-18.9mpg. Real happy with that fuel mileage. I have about 9100 miles on truck. I think it will improve with more miles. I just wish I could stay out of the throttle during city driving. Current city mpg is 12-13. Love the the truck and power.

·
Registered
207 Posts
overhead says 16ish for both tank fillups ive done.

im afraid to calc by hand lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
15,600 miles on mine. Best Ive ever seen, hand calculated, was 15.4 mpg. A good solid mix of highway and puting around. Overhead showed 16.7. The worst Ive seen on the overhead- 4.2 mpg! Then again I was towing my 38 foot Montana fifth wheel up Rye Grass Hill west bound on I-90 in Washington State. Ten mile 5 to 7 percent grade. Foot flat on the floor in 5th gear, at 52 MPH. Gotta love the pulling power, just hate the fuel comsumption!

·
Registered
37 Posts
best fillup yet

I've finally changed the way I drive to work. Now I keep it between 60 and 65. I've got a 17 mile trip to work each way, of which about 13.5 of it is on the interstate spur (speed limit 65). I took one regular interstate trip of about 60 miles. There were some other local trips mixed in. Hand calc was 16.925 mpg. Overhead said 19.2. My truck has the AO flash and about 1700 miles on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
O8 2K miles have yet to run a tank without towing throught the Mountains. Last trip 14.2 mpg overhand which in the past has been about .2 high v hand calculation. Mileage improves every tank. Like I have posted in the past best I ever got with a full size gasser, p/u empty, was 14mpg and it they didn't have half the grunt the Taco does.

·
Registered
884 Posts
15,600 miles on mine. Best Ive ever seen, hand calculated, was 15.4 mpg. A good solid mix of highway and puting around. Overhead showed 16.7. The worst Ive seen on the overhead- 4.2 mpg! Then again I was towing my 38 foot Montana fifth wheel up Rye Grass Hill west bound on I-90 in Washington State. Ten mile 5 to 7 percent grade. Foot flat on the floor in 5th gear, at 52 MPH. Gotta love the pulling power, just hate the fuel comsumption!
I know the feeling, I saw 5.1 on the overhead pulling a 28' enclosed loaded with toys up a long grade in Oklahoma, 75 and on the floor in 5th, but she made it. Needless to say I didnt even bother averaging that tank out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why have I never gotten out of the 14's?? 9-10.5 mpg towing my trailer, 14-14.5 just truck highway at 75-80, 11 just truck around town!!! Bone stock '07 3500 Laramie mega-cab 4x4.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
mpg

07.5 6.7 when mine had 2500 miles on it I drove from Beaumont to Uvalde and made a couple of stops leaving the truck running and got 18.8,ohc said 19.5 that was running 75-80mph

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just towed the 32 ft flatbed on a 570 mile round trip and got 15 MPG. First half of the trip it was empty (5500 lbs) and on the return trip it had maybe another 500 lbs on it. (2 30ft garage door panels) I would say i am happy with that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
down to 8th of a tank now on the 2nd fillup....ohc reading 13.7mpg

mostly around town stuff...no towing :/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts