Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have a 2008 3500 6.7 dually , i tow for a living and i have had a problem i did not really notice to much in the beginning but now its gotten really bad, i changed the fuel pump to the airdog 150 and the juice with attitude , my check engine light is on and the clogged sensor is on as well,and the truck jerks like a mother. Im losing power and mpg its a real problem for me , its a fairly new truck got it with 6k miles on it now it has around 30k. help please . i cant afford to break down in the middle of no where. i need any advice you guys have . thanks!! :confused013:

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
It says code p2463 and p1431 or p1451 diesel part soot something
P2463 - Soot Accumulation High
P1431 - fuel level sender performance?????
P1451 - diesel Particulate Filter System Performance

You are running a chip with the DPF still intact. Unless you are using it solely for gauges this is a POOR idea and will lead to bread downs that you mentioned you'd like to avoid. The two codes you have for the DPF are telling you that it is clogged up and you'll be loosing power toot sweet if you aren't already because you'll be in limp mode. 1451 code will cause it on its own. You chipped the truck already so you don't have a warranty, I'd suggest getting your hands on some sims and dropping that DPF all together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P2463 - Soot Accumulation High
P1431 - fuel level sender performance?????
P1451 - diesel Particulate Filter System Performance

You are running a chip with the DPF still intact. Unless you are using it solely for gauges this is a POOR idea and will lead to bread downs that you mentioned you'd like to avoid. The two codes you have for the DPF are telling you that it is clogged up and you'll be loosing power toot sweet if you aren't already because you'll be in limp mode. 1451 code will cause it on its own. You chipped the truck already so you don't have a warranty, I'd suggest getting your hands on some sims and dropping that DPF all together.
thanks , question what are sims and what is a dpf? how do i get and drop this??

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
All you need to know is in this thread. It is a lot of reading, but there are some pretty pictures to ease the pain. Read up and let me know if you have further questions.

DPF and EGR Delete How to do it Yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine had the same problem. Started with losing power, then mpg, then jerking big time. Took 10 minutes to go half a mile. I just bought the truck and they told me that it was clogged b/c it had regular diesel run through it and not ultra low sulfur diesel. (I didn't know there was any other kind available anymore than ultra low). After 3 weeks in the shop it got a new turbo. :banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys i did everything that shibby recomended and it took about 2 hours after i cleared the codes my system read ok! Thanks !!! Like a new truck .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts