Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a C&C 5500 today! My first cummins. I traded my 6.4 powerstroke for it. I found this 2008 with 56000 miles on it. I love the truck, but it needs to be deleted. I can't find anything for the 5500 C&C as far as egr delete kits. They all say specifically that they don't fit, and the ones that don't saybanytging look the same as the others. Does anyone have a link for a kit that'll delete the egr and cooler?

Also, the pinned post for dpf delete doesn't have pictures associated anymore. Does anyone have those pictures!?

Thank yall

·
Registered
25 Posts
First off - Nice truck bro!
Second - Welcome to the Cummins club.
Third - You can get the EGR delete kit on eBay. Just buy from a seller in the USA. They cost around $50-100 depending on the brand. Don't buy the blue dog one (same but more expensive).
Fourth - You have to remove the PDF (diesel particulate filter) in order to run without catching fire to it due to soot buildup. You can do a straight pipe but it will be super loud. I added a muffler and resonator to my cab & chassis and I still wake up my crackhead neighbors.
Fifth - You MUST do a tune to the system or it will wear out the engine due to wrong air to fuel ration combustion. The ONLY tuners that are legitimate are the EFI Live, where a shop plugs and programs the ECM with a proper tune. Don't push the system with higher horse power (HP) tune or you'll destroy the soft but strong Japanese transmission. The second option in tuning is the Smarty Jr but you definitely need a tech-smart person to pick the correct adjustments on the tunes. Overall, is not dificult or expensive. Just stay AWAY from the Mini-Max H&S tuners on eBay or the web because that company went down under and nobody will warranty them but everbody will sell you one for a crazy low price. Good luck and take care of that AS68RC transmission!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my EGR delete from a company in commiefornia that said it specifically fit the 5500 C&C. That is supposed to be here monday. I found 1 company that still sells exhaust for the C&C, and spent what was probably too much money for it but it is a 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust DPF delete system. Should be here in a week or 2 since the company makes them to order.

As for the tuner, I figured out that the Mini Maxx won't work, so I am trying to sell it and get a different one. Is the MM3 any good? I have been talking to diesel performance tx about it and they say that they have C&C specific tunes for the 5500, and that they will come loaded on the MM3 and ready to use. Is this not a wise route? I have read lots of good things about the MM3, but I am still unfamiliar with the cummins and don't want to spend a grand on something that won't work right.

Also, if I delete the truck, can I drive it to a tuner to be flashed with EFI live? I don't want to pay someone to do what I am capable of doing (the delete parts install), but I don't want to have to tow it to a tuner after either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hear the MM3 is one of the best tuners to fully delete a truck. However, is NOT for the 2007-2010 years at all. They have more complex software for the newer transmissions like the AS69RC or AS66RC and you'll be spending almost $1000 or more just for the tune. For the exhaust system, I believe you went with the Flo~pro 5"? that thing is going to be super loud. I wanted to spend the money on the stainless steel pipes but decided to take it to a muffler shop and keep my 4" stock system which is not loud at all and I saved the order time (3 weeks from Canada). Finally, you can drive the stock truck to a tuner shop for them to do so and drive the back just not for a long distance. Unless you have experience I would let a shop do all the delete and keep an eye on the tunes they'll put, test drive it before you even pay and eventually you'll be happy. One caution to take is that most if not all shops will not give you an invoice for the work and even warranty the work because of EPA law so be prepare to negotiate a price and technical help. GET referrals! Do NOT go to a shady crackhead that does mechanical work on the weekends. He'll take your money and even steal your truck. Just use common sense, and if I answered all your question then enjoy an awesome truck. Sorry for my late reply...I was in a place where they don't let people out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went with the MM3 for the tunes. I deleted it and installed the tuner a few weeks ago and it is awesome. Runs so much better and the 5 inch exhaust sounds amazing. The sound of the exhaust was incredible, but there was a terrible drone at highway speeds that I couldn't stand. I ended up needing to install a resonator with the spiral pipe in it and it got rid of my drone 100%. Highly recommend the resonator if you have drone issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I went with the MM3 for the tunes. I deleted it and installed the tuner a few weeks ago and it is awesome. Runs so much better and the 5 inch exhaust sounds amazing. The sound of the exhaust was incredible, but there was a terrible drone at highway speeds that I couldn't stand. I ended up needing to install a resonator with the spiral pipe in it and it got rid of my drone 100%. Highly recommend the resonator if you have drone issues.
Really? for a Cab and Chassis from 2008-10? I'm really to delete my 2011 which has the DEF system and yes, the drone sound is awful at highway speeds. Can't hear sh*t but I'll definitely get a resonator with the spiral pipe or an aero flow system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I couldn't find much info out there for tuning, and there wasn't much information on people who did delete tunes. I had the hardest damn time finding someone to sell a delete exhaust system that would ship to the US. Ended up finding one I had to pay too much money for, but it fit like a glove. The tuner was worth it to me, it gives me gauges and everything else I need. Came with 5 tunes and a shift on the fly tuner. Maybe a little overkill for the truck, but the company I bought from had a lot of good reviews, and their customer service was outstanding. I would definitely order from them again. The resonator I got was from ftediesel.com. I bought the 30 inch resonator, and put it right after the down pipe. No drone at all, but it still has the 5 inch sound. It is still loud and rowdy when you stomp on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea, I couldn't find much info out there for tuning, and there wasn't much information on people who did delete tunes. I had the hardest damn time finding someone to sell a delete exhaust system that would ship to the US. Ended up finding one I had to pay too much money for, but it fit like a glove. The tuner was worth it to me, it gives me gauges and everything else I need. Came with 5 tunes and a shift on the fly tuner. Maybe a little overkill for the truck, but the company I bought from had a lot of good reviews, and their customer service was outstanding. I would definitely order from them again. The resonator I got was from ftediesel.com. I bought the 30 inch resonator, and put it right after the down pipe. No drone at all, but it still has the 5 inch sound. It is still loud and rowdy when you stomp on it.
What is the tuner you used? Where can I get it?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were super helpful. Even responding to emails late at night and on the weekends. I havent had any issues with mine knock on wood. Downloaded the tune and it runs great. Not as quick as the pickup trucks, but definitely wakes up the c&c

1 - 11 of 11 Posts