Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. first post on this forum and I owe you all a thanks. Friday I traded my 2005 3500 4x4 laramie dually on a 2008 mega cab 2500 4x4 laramie. I hated to trade my 5.9 but just needed the room for two growing kids. I havent driven her much but so far I love the new auto and 6.7. Prepared to lose mileage and just starting to investigate the mod options. First I want to lift it a little. From pics on this forum I love the lifted/leveled mega cabs. I have check carli, lorenz, and kore. All look good but most change the front springs. I want the truck to handle better on the street... not worse. Which kit will give ma the best handeling/ ride quality. From research here it sounds like I need an adjustable track bar? These kits do not include them. Sorry for the long post. Any opinions on the ultimate 2.5-3 inch kit?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Not a long post, if the money is not a issue i would run the KORE. thats about the best you can get. i would not use there cheaper kit. i would choose one that changes the four link, longer track bar, springs not spacers, High end shocks (like Fox) and drop the pitman arm. Those are Baha suspensions, they are made to handle rough roads and terrain

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I just put a 3" BDS lift so for so good. the kit with basic shocks was $720 ..just go to the web site its all listed there

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Kore Recon kit sounds good. $1555 on their web site. The only thing I dont like is no track bar, 1" raise in rear. I really need to be able to hook up to a trailer without the truck looking like it is sagging in the back.

Is the track bar neccessary? I also dont like the idea of the axle being out of center.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm running a Carli kit & the ride is Great & the truck handles so much better on the road. If you go with one of the better suspension systems designed for your truck you won't be disappointed AT ALL!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. I am pretty sure I will have to do it. after 4 duallys I am looking forward to the look of a single rear wheel with a little lift and bigger tires. Which Carli kit did you get?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds good. I am pretty sure I will have to do it. after 4 duallys I am looking forward to the look of a single rear wheel with a little lift and bigger tires. Which Crli kit did you get?

I got the starter kit & a Don Thuren adj.track bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts