Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm in the right place--I have a 07 Ram 2500 2wd, Big Horn Crew Cab, Long bed with the 6.7 Cummins and the Allison transmission. I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade the exhaust and do some other upgrades. Want to do what I can to eliminate the mother hen emissions gear. Your experiences with this setup would be most appreciated! I tow a toy hauler (11,000 lb.)and am most pleased with the power and fuel usage but would like even better.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Did you put an Allison in there?
There are several vendors on here tha sell 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust an tuners for deletes. If you can finda vendor that has an H&S Mini Max in stock I would snag that up, I love mine.
If you are not looking for high hp the 4" exhaust will be more than sufficient, I am running a Diamond eye 4". Aside from that you can do a full or partial EGR delete.. I've only deleted the EGR valve so far, but some delete the EGR cooler as well. Again H&S makes block off plates that work well.
There is a ton of great info on this site, do some digging to see what will suite you best.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hope I'm in the right place--I have a 07 Ram 2500 2wd, Big Horn Crew Cab, Long bed with the 6.7 Cummins and the Allison transmission. I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade the exhaust and do some other upgrades. Want to do what I can to eliminate the mother hen emissions gear. Your experiences with this setup would be most appreciated! I tow a toy hauler (11,000 lb.)and am most pleased with the power and fuel usage but would like even better.
First off you do not have an Allison transmission unless it was done as an aftermarket up date.

The transmission is a Chrysler built 68RFE if it is a 6SPD automatic transmission.

Now I am using on my truck a 5” TBE from MBRP muffler systems that is a 5.9L 06 long bed truck on my 08 Mega Cab. I have a Smarty S67 tuner and I followed the instructions that Smarty provided on how to install and use. I am using the 23ME tune.

I have two EGR block off plates and have left the EGR cooler on for additional warm in the winter months. No issues so far and I have the CCV filter installed and do not intended to remove it; just replace the filter when service is required.

Do a search on this site for more information on deleting your truck there is a ton of information to read.

Jim W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts