Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2007 Chassis Cab WOW!!

1744 13
I found a 07 Chassis cab with a super expensive flatbed here in SD. Truck has like 16K miles. Its perfect for what I need. Here is the question. With all the problems I read about here on the board what exactly will I have to do to get it run? I know New Holland has the same motor in their tractors and I dont hear the techs screaming blood like I see here. Im guessing I will be driving it about 5OOO miles per year. Is there a diesel shop with a back alley that can make this truck somewhat trouble free? At least just the normal breakdowns. :popcorn:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
the engines are not the problem . the 6.7 is a good engine it's just the emissions crap that ruins a great truck .

· Registered
2007 C&C 6.7 Efi live Csp5 TTP 64mm HX11 VGT 4” TBE 7” axle dump
475 Posts
The cab & chassis are trouble free... it's the pickups that have all the probs. Basically bulletproof even w/ the emissions crap cuz there is less of it.

No nox filter
No O2 sensor
DIY DPF delete under $100
Less complicated EGR
No P2262 (TRASHED WINDSQUEEZER) turbo

Go for it :thumbsup

And if there is not an exhaust brake, you can get one installed for cheap.

· Registered
2007 C&C 6.7 Efi live Csp5 TTP 64mm HX11 VGT 4” TBE 7” axle dump
475 Posts
The cab & chassis are trouble free... it's the pickups that have all the probs. Basically bulletproof even w/ the emissions crap cuz there is less of it.

No nox filter
No O2 sensor
DIY DPF delete under $100
Less complicated EGR
No P2262 (TRASHED WINDSQUEEZER) turbo

Will it be this way for the 2009 models also?
Prob until 2010, or 2012 when our country finally disperses and we make no more trucks because of these f%@king liberals in congress :thud:

· diesel addict
1,246 Posts
buy that beast, you will love it, these pickups run awesome, it is a medium duty truck motor, and it shows

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do the 2007 C/C trucks have a DPF that goes into Regen like the pickups? Why would they go with a less complicated emmisisons equipment on the C/C trucks? What do you mean by a DIY DPF delete?

IF you guys say I will be OK with the 07 C/C I'll go for it. Just have way to many troubles on the farm the way it is besides throwing a lemon trunk on the heap.:$:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.