Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try to make this short. I was having issues with my truck running poorly until I STOPPED deleting codes on start up. (Edge Juice) This seemed to fix my poor stuttering problem. I have been running like this for about six months or more. My check engine light is always on. Oh well.
Anyways today started my truck which was already warm and wow ran like crap crap. Just had truck in to dealer for some four wheel drive work and universal replacements etc. They asked me about a dpf burner recall I told them to not worry about it. maybe they did update something. Not on my receipt. Anyways turned truck off restarted seems fine.
So I decided to check my codes. following is the list of codes in my juice. Also not stated in my sig is I unplugged my egr as well trying to fix the poor vehicle running before I stopped deleting my codes on start up. I read while looking up my codes that the time delay update on the juice might be a problem I was having which I would need to send the unit in to be re programmed. Anyways here is a list of my codes. If any one sees something dire please let me know.
P0607,P0487,P0405,P0192,P0513,P245A,P0471,P2453

Thank you for any replies.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Going to try to make this short. I was having issues with my truck running poorly until I STOPPED deleting codes on start up. (Edge Juice) This seemed to fix my poor stuttering problem. I have been running like this for about six months or more. My check engine light is always on. Oh well.
Anyways today started my truck which was already warm and wow ran like crap crap. Just had truck in to dealer for some four wheel drive work and universal replacements etc. They asked me about a dpf burner recall I told them to not worry about it. maybe they did update something. Not on my receipt. Anyways turned truck off restarted seems fine.
So I decided to check my codes. following is the list of codes in my juice. Also not stated in my sig is I unplugged my egr as well trying to fix the poor vehicle running before I stopped deleting my codes on start up. I read while looking up my codes that the time delay update on the juice might be a problem I was having which I would need to send the unit in to be re programmed. Anyways here is a list of my codes. If any one sees something dire please let me know.
P0607,P0487,P0405,P0192,P0513,P245A,P0471,P2453

Thank you for any replies.
P0607 Ecu Internal Performance
P0487-egr Airflow Throttle Control Circuit A Open
P0405-egr Position Sensor Circuit Low
P0192-fuel Pressure Sensor Low
P0513-invalid Skim Key
P245a-egr Cooler Bypass Control Circuit /open
P0471-exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 Performance
P2453-diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Performance

Most of your codes are from the exhaust and egr unplugged. I would try to clearing codes on start up and see what happens. As for as the ecu and key code, try charging both your batteries. These truck seem to do really weird things if the batteries are in top shape. As far as the fuel pressure, when is the last time you changed your fuel filter? Clogged up fuel filter might be causing the truck to run bad too.

This is were I would start. Hopefully it isn't nothing major. I used to have the edge juice on my truck and cleared codes on start up. I never had trouble with this set up and had it for over a year. If you go into the 6.7 tech section you will find the a list of DTC's there. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Have you taken the gear out of the throttle valve?

·
Registered
616 Posts
First of all what do you have done (dpf delete mainly) The edge Will not clear the egr codes it will do the dpf codes but eventually the egr will set off a forced regen and when it fails because all is deleted it will go into limp mode which that's what it sounds like and the low fuel pressure is possibly cause from limp mode or clogged filter they won't go together well for sure so change your fuel filter and see if that fixes your fp problem

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your input. I will check on these things and let you know what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.