Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this: Does anyone know if a 3500Heavy Duty MegaCab CTD 4x4 has any height difference than a simular 2500 CTD 4x4?? Specifically the front end? I know the suspension and GVWR can handle more, but is there any difference in clearance due to the heavier suspension components (assuming both are stock)??

I'm trying to figure out if I can run wide 35's tire on aftermarket rims without a leveling kit on stock suspension and not have any rubbing. I need to know if the HD3500 sit higher in the front than a 2500???

Appreciate any insight from anyone knowing the answer to this!

·
Registered
630 Posts
When I was shopping for my Ram I didn't notice any height difference between the 2008 2500 and 3500.

·
Registered
544 Posts
There's no height difference. The only difference is the overload springs and perches in the back...which only factors in under a large payload.

I ran 315/70/70s on H2 wheels on my 07.5 3500 with stock suspension and had no rubbing. it's not a true 35" tire, but it's like a 34.8 or 34.9. The 5.5" backspacing of the H2 wheels is what saves you. Stock wheels have 6.25" I think and that's currently what causes the rubbing on my control arms at full lock with my KORE Chase setup and 35X12.5 Toyo M/Ts on the stock wheels.

Bottom line, with the correct backspacing, you should be fine.

·
Banned
275 Posts
I'd say just buy a leveling kit, they aren't that expensive, and do the 35's and then you won't have any worries or issues. Granted you can search for a correct offset wheel and spend a buttload of time, energy, and money on them...or just level it and use your stockers and get it done and over with...ya know?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just run a 35 on the factory wheel and live with the little rubbing you'll get on the control arms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts