Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so 6 months ago( February 7th,2020), I bought my 07.5 Dodge Ram quad cab short bed from my dad with 145,000 miles. the truck is well maintained and Super clean. And I’m continuing where he left off with it. In 2014 the truck went into the dealer due to the ECM frying itself due to possible water exposure, they didn’t really know the reason as to why it burnt up, but a couple of weeks after I bought it and researched the preventive stuff on these truck, a lot of the forums recommended that you run the exhaust brake at all times, whether in tow haul or the button on the dash above the cup holders, well I tried the button above the cup holders and the exhaust brake would not engage, would not slow me down, so I tried the tow haul mode and what do you know, it works on tow haul mode only, doing a little reading, some of the people who went in for ecm replacements or flashes, the dealers forget to open certain functions back up in the programs seeing that they don’t automatically open when the new programs are being installed, Also noticed that the high idle function on the steering wheel For colder times doesn’t work either, is there something I’m missing here or is it possible that the dealer didn’t open those two functions back up in the new ecm. I went back to the dealer who did the work and informed them of the situation, and the manager for the mechanics department said that maybe the new program doesn’t come with those functions cause we program them to whatever program is being ran that year in the trucks. So 2014, the ecm got the 2014 diesel pick up programming. Little did the guy know, I used to run this trucks for the local oilfield company I used to work for here in California, and everyone of those dodge diesels I ran 2013-2015 had those functions, so I called bs on that. What should my next plan of attack be next? what should I be looking for? Anything in particular? Fuses? Etc! so I can get this issue revolved and get the functions back. Keep in mind all these functions worked when my dad had it up until the new ecm was installed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts