Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That makes since, but will it populate the dash? For instance, the 68RFE I have populates my range 48RE display (P, N, R, D, 2, 1).
Separate "TCR" module handles that and tow haul functions. My transmission setup is from Jason at www.transmissiontuner.com

48RE display is easy since it is a mux with a different resistance value for each gear. So as long as I use 5.9 CCN, my current setup can stay the same.

My reasoning with going with a 6.7 ecm and j1939 is better custom ecm tuning+SOTF, better 6.7 injectors, and critical engine data sent to Allison to improve shifts.

I also need the 07 CAN system because I will be going to the 2010-2012 dashboard with 2010-2012 HVAC box and controller. The 2012 HVAC controller just runs at a higher bus speed (125k), so a converter can be used to run it on the 07 style Can-B 83.3k system.

Basically, there’s not enough resources (for me) to hack the old 2004 PCI bus. That is why I need CAN bus.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So the message data wasn’t too different, just the framing?

I'm thinking of doing an 07 electrical system in my 2004 with the 2010-2012 ecm since it will talk to the Allison. Maybe the message data for 2006-2012 on Can-C is similar enough, after all 06-12 were all gateway can bus vehicles...
You've got an Allison in your 2004?????

·
Registered
22 Posts
badass sir. i'm sure there are more people out there with them, I just haven't ran across them yet. I've got an allison in my 2007.5 and love it. I'd like to put one in my 2006 2 door, but I don't have the truck running just yet. I'm gonna hate life if I have to run that 48re for very long.

Reactions: cumminsturbofreak

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Will you be keeping the 4.2 or swapping it out for a cp3? Also my obligatory bad ass sir.

·
Registered
22 Posts
4.2? I plan on keeping the 5.9 in it - my 6.7 has the conversion package from Custom Automatic Conversions - the only thing I don't like about it is the adapter plate - it uses a ford starter on the passenger side and Dave has told me before that it won't interfere with a compound turbo setup but I would like to have as much room as I possibly can over there for piping. I have my starter wrapped right now with a starter blanket from DEI but the positive cable is way too close to the turbo oil drain. I caught an arc one time and was blowing oil all over the highway. I'm interested in getting an adapter plate that will get my starter back on the driver's side like stock - and i'm definitely keeping the CP3. I haven't upgraded yet, but i'll most likely end up running a twin modded CP3 setup.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think he was asking @steed if he was going to keep the CP4.2 pump on the 2019 swap.

Reactions: the man in black
21 - 30 of 30 Posts