Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
jkline, Yes Blue-tech powerplants have additional engineering, The upside is more Power, Less Combustion Knock, and More friendly to the environment, even when upgraded to missing parts.
My eyes watered when leaving those 1st, 2nd gens run in the shop, or any pre 2002 Powerplant. Heck You could not even have a conversation in My 2nd gen it was so loud, Forget about sneaking home at night.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
I've had much better luck with my 2007 than my 98.5 24v. Smoother idle,roomier cab,steers and brakes MUCH better. Way quieter. No reek coming out the back or start up smoke. I love this truck. This will be my last diesel and I've made arrangements with cemetery to have it buried with me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Damn: Geno's package arrived today. Pressure relief valve and FCA installed. Nice, quick job. No changes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For future readers: with alphaobd I wasn't getting anything definitive with the injectors. Took it to a shop that has a good rep to see what their fancy scan tool said-- and it said injectors are fine, it's the DMF.

So the SBend clutch arrived today and it will get installed next week. Feel a tad ashamed not tackling the job myself, but really don't feel like manhandling the tranny/tc solo...

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
I have WITECH, I also only use for Touch tone purposes, So if the Injectors tested Fine what were the return Rates at Idle, running pressure 12K/24K PSI if you don't mine sharing.

Balance Rates are laughable because than change under conditions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't have those numbers TCD.

SBC-G56-OKHD is installed and the shimmy/shake is gone. The DMF was coming apart.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
@steel-- for future reference, where should one purchase new injectors? thx.
Buy 'em from TCdiesel. Only bought one set of injectors in my life, happened to be from Todd (TC diesel) back before he was an internet sensation, lol.
Seriously, good guy, great experience purchasing from him.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Oops, missed that...enjoy your new clutch!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts