Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a 2007 Laramie with the factory 6cd changer radio. All i really wanted was an AUX input so my most economical option with the steering wheel control capabilities was the factory radio with the AUX that came inside of most SLT models. I just got one yesterday and installed it today and the volume only has one level of sound, from 1-38 in volume it all sounds the same, the AUX radio, CD, and steering wheel controls all work like they should. So i do not know what to do........

is the radio broken? or does that radio not work with the Infinity system?

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What did the new stereo come out of? There are different can bus speeds, a hi and a low. I don't think that's your problem though. I upgraded to a Mygig and during the process I got ahold of a unit with the wrong speed and it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm guessing that something may be wrong with the stereo. Does any sound come out? I would start with all of the connections. Did you disconnect the batteries when you made the swap? Is it possible you blew a fuse? You can try disconnecting the batteries for an hour or so and see if that helps. If nothing works and you determine the stereo is bad, I believe that there are ways to add an aux port to the original stereo, or even blue tooth. There are devices that utilize the antenna input to give you these features. You plug the device where your antenna plugs in and then plug your antenna into the device. Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have the 6 disk infinity and i swapped it with my dads 07 with the head phone jack and it worked fine i ran into a problem though when i upgraded to the kicker system and when i installed the amp i lost my bluetooth phone connection capability...but i like the sound so it didnt really bother me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts