Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've got a 2006 dodge ram 2500 mega cab 4x4 with the cummins 5.9l. Im looking at possiblly having to replace the injector pump or the transfer pump. I just had a few question and wanted to run the situation past you guys to see if Im on the right track. The truck started throwing codes yesterday. p0088 pressure rail -pressure high. p0148 fuel delivery error. The truck was driving well before the second code (p0148) after the second code which was only an hour or so after the first. the truck started having slight hesitation at full throtle. got it home. Changed the fuel filter to check and see if it was clogged. If was over due for changing. Primed it and test drove it. Then the codes threw almost immediatly after starting it. The hesitation was worse (it had set all day) and the truck is now dieing when I pull up to a stop light idleing. It took a while to keep it running. It would start and just pop. Then it would die. Let it sit for a min and it started fine. Drove the few blocks home and it died in the drive way. Upgrades only afew. It has the K&N kit and the Direct fit magnaflow muf. 35's on the factories wheels (km2's) the rest is stock. 80,000 miles. My thought is the transfer pump. Anyway to test it? Additionally are there any upgrades to put in place of the factory pumps?

· Registered
753 Posts
when i had those two codes it was my cp3 but i never had the symptoms you are having.

· Premium Member
1,302 Posts
sounds like cp3 just replace mine i would get p0148 mine would through that code when gettingon it hard if the lift punp gos it wont die like you were haveing for the cp3 can pull fuel and the lift pump is a flow threw it was made that way so if the lift pump fails you can limp it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.