Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
My 05 had this code, i checked and cleaned them and now its gone. Mine never died, hope this helps.

· Piggy Piggy
4,083 Posts
Make sure your cables end are clean,and everything is super tight.If you have done that already,I would suggest unhooking the batteries for a few mins.Put everything back and see if it we start.

· Registered
49 Posts
Does it crank and just not fire? What does the range indicator read, with mine it will sometimes not register then the truck is in park and will not crank. As well is the red light in the center of the cluster flashing or on solid?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
65 Posts
I finished working on my brother-in-law's 2006 about 3 weeks ago, it was having this problem. i cured it by undoing all the grounds on the block, batteries, fuse-box and fenders. i used a dremel tool to clean ever surface and then reconnected them. then i cleaned all the connectors on the backside of the fuse box and ECM. oh, and i did a serious inspection of all the terminals and battery cables for bad connections and corrosion under any of the insulation. ive heard that the cable that connects the two batteries has given people problems before. the insulation was good but the terminals were suspect. after proper terminal connections i started it up and tested the truck. 3 weeks later and he said his fuel mileage is up a few MPG and the 2509 code hasn't shown up again. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.