Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2006 Cummins cutting out WOT?

3027 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  heavyboostin
My truck started doing this after a hard weekend of play hunting and whatnot. Has always ran like a top. Has 115k on it now. It idles fine, runs fine gets up to speed without a shutter, but when you really get on it it will cut out at around 2500 rpms and go back to an idle then let off and get back in it and it will gain speed again. but will cut out every single time at same rpms. I have a bully dog pmt it shows the rail pressure at idle @ 7k, highway driving 15k, and hammered its up around 18k. Do i have a lift pump goin bad or inj pump goin bad? i have changed filters and nothing is helping. thanks in advance

Eric
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
4,229 Posts
yes i do is that where its gonna be?
YEA MAN STARTS AT 7 IN THE MORING SHOULD BE OVER 20-25 TRUCKS GOING TO DYNO CATERED BBQ AT 1 8.50 TO EAT IF YOU WANT AS WELL BRING SOME BUDDIES OR YOUR SWEETHEART WHAT EVER MAN BYOB HE IS COOL ABOUT DRINKIN JUST NOT GETTING STUPID SO COME JOIN US ILL BE THE TALL GOOFY LOOKIN GUY WITH A MILWAKEES BEST IN MY HAND :thumbsup:

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like my kinda fun. Have you or anyone else had this problem? I dont wanna take it to the stealership cause i know they'll "think" they have it fixed and it wont be. I'd rather do it at home and know. Anyone else got anything? suggestions? when it cuts out it doesnt make any poping sounds or anything just dead in the water for a moment then comes back alive. when your in it smokes black like it should then when it cuts out seems the smoke turns white for a split second. i can do it every time if i wanted. Doesnt have any kinda of surging or anything just a cut out then back to normal?

· CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
4,229 Posts
Sounds like my kinda fun. Have you or anyone else had this problem? I dont wanna take it to the stealership cause i know they'll "think" they have it fixed and it wont be. I'd rather do it at home and know. Anyone else got anything? suggestions? when it cuts out it doesnt make any poping sounds or anything just dead in the water for a moment then comes back alive. when your in it smokes black like it should then when it cuts out seems the smoke turns white for a split second. i can do it every time if i wanted. Doesnt have any kinda of surging or anything just a cut out then back to normal?
TRY CLEANING YOUR MAP SENSOR

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing a few thousand miles ago. Never had a CEL. I changed my fuel filter and the problem seems to be gone. It's interesting to note, however, the problem went away on it's own a few weeks before the filter change. I'd also like to I know what the issue could be.

· Registered
77 Posts
Is this on Sat. how much too Dyno or is it full already. Mine is stock but like to see how the bigger tires affects it.

· Registered
115 Posts
mine has started doing the same it idles perfect at around 7000 psi if i grandpa the throttle it runs fine but if i get on it my rail drops to around 5000 psi and starts a steady stream of light black smoke and acts like it dont wanna go i think it might be my fuel filter but i dont understand the black smoke i put my bdtd to true stock and it still does it

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Bully Dog's fuel hard. You could be running your CP3 dry which would be why your cutting out at WTO. Do you have a "Fuel Pressure" gauge? If so what pressure are you getting and where is your sender or sensor?

· Registered
115 Posts
well it just started doing this about a week ago but i have been running the same tune for about 4 months no i dont have a pressure gauge

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Which program are you running on your Bully Dog? New? Old?

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Any different color smoke recently?

· Registered
115 Posts
im running the pl tune it cuts out on every tune and the smoke is kinda gray im waiting on my fass filters from genos to see if it fixes anything

· Registered
109 Posts
watch out for LP thats what mine did before it went out, i also cleaned my map sensor and replaces the fuel filter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.