Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the APPS reset procedure is relevant on 06 and later rigs???

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard from anyone, and haven't seen it brought up in other forum posts either. I forgot what my problem was back then, exactly, that I thought this may help....:confused013:

·
Registered
159 Posts
i followed the same process as the second gen.

1. turn key to on position
2. set parking brake
3. turn key off
4. disconnect both negative battery cables. (min of 30 mins, the longer the better)
5. reconnect battery cables
6. turn key to on position
7. slowly slowly press accelerator pedal all the way to floor and then slowly return to top position
8. release parking brake and turn key off.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you notice any difference????

·
Registered
159 Posts
before i did this all i could get out of a tank of gas was 410 - 420 miles. since i have done this i get 500 miles to the tank. i read on one thread that some people see an improvement in gas mileage. i also noticed my truck to have a slightly quicker throttle response.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pardon my ignorance... What is apps? What is this supposed to do?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
APPS = ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION SENSOR

Its the gas pedal. These trucks are throttle by wire. The Apps sensor is like a potentiometer that provide readings to the ECM on "percentage of throttle" - basically how much you have pressed the pedal.

Resetting it, allows recalibration to the ECM. Most notice increased gas mileage....

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok this may be dumb do you have to take your chip/tuner out to do this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts