Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yes, Shop is busy busy this time of the year. We currently have her sitting ready for the body shop. Some fiberglass needs fixed on the fenders, some body work to fit the 40's at full bump, and some paint work. After she is back we can work on tuning it in. I'm very very exited to see what the number will be on a 40" tire and twin parallel turbo's.

·
Ducati M.
6,700 Posts
Is the engine a standard bore 5.9? Everything I've read about bigger valves in those 4.02" bores says it yields no benefits since they end up shrouded just a bit too much.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Is the engine a standard bore 5.9? Everything I've read about bigger valves in those 4.02" bores says it yields no benefits since they end up shrouded just a bit too much.
Interesting, Stock bore 5.9 with Monotherm pistions, Carrillo Rods, Girdled, ARPs, ZZ Fab ported head / valves, D Pro's Cam, Hamilton valve terrain.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll take two, cause I'm gonna break the first one! :peelout:

In all seriousness though, sweet looking build. One of these days when I finally find that winning lottery ticket. I do like the .50 cal idea though...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'll take two, cause I'm gonna break the first one! :peelout:

In all seriousness though, sweet looking build. One of these days when I finally find that winning lottery ticket. I do like the .50 cal idea though...
This one will be tough to break we hope. Anything and everything that can upgraded has been upgraded. Appreciate the words! She is headed to get body work on Monday, After that i will get some great shots for everyone. And hopefully get it on the Dyno and videos in the whoops!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
That's why it's a good idea to unshroud them... I would post a pic. but then again no.

·
Ducati M.
6,700 Posts
It was my understanding that the cylinder wall itself caused the shrouding.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
She runs great so far, no on road testing or off-road for that matter. Unfortunately I wont have any cool updates until she comes back from body and paint. We are having the rear bed-sides flared to accommodate the 40s at full bump. Same with the fiberglass up front. She will most likely get some fresh paint and a DPP wrap when she gets back. Then I will have some new shots and we will have it on the rollers and get some tuning figured out. We are very exited to play with the parallel turbo setup and see what we can do with it. Equally exited to get the suspension tuned and start tuning it in on some nasty whoops and anything nasty we can find.

Eventually we will be finished we hope. ( they are never finished ). But will be a great toy for our company, and extremely unique. Not your average 8" lift on 22" forces.. Hang tight for more to come!

·
Registered
191 Posts
subbed to this, this is insane

Reactions: DieselPowerProducts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Can I ask. How much further did you push the front axle forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As of currently the axle was moved forward around 1.5-2" to allow full bump with the 4D's..

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
if ya'll take her out to 7 mile for some of the tuning of the suspension i wouldn't mind swinging out and watching
That is the goal, there is a nice section of 3' rollers out back that we have used to do some tuning on. Hopefully soon, new project is in full effect right now to make it to Eastern Jeep Safari and Ultimate Adventure. So she is on the back burner again :frown2:.. We are just waiting on the 12mm dynomite pump, and some tuning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome. That'll increase the approach angle a bit.
What travel shocks did you install.
By the way. Is this the truck that you made a vid about calling it the grandpa truck??

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Awesome. That'll increase the approach angle a bit.
What travel shocks did you install.
By the way. Is this the truck that you made a vid about calling it the grandpa truck??

14" FOX Remote Reservoir 3.5" Coilovers.
14" FOX 3.5 Quad Bypass Shocks.
2" FOX 2.0" Bump-Stops.

And i don't believe so no! No videos on this lil girl yet.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.