Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the truck back from Les Schwab's, had the wheels balanced an it STILL has a shimmy @ 45 to 50 mph,..........anybody ?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
was there a previous thread with more details? otherwise...maybe actually explain what's been done and what's happening. Unless all you did is the above.

Share details of the truck as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I towed a loaded car trailer to Utah 2 weeks ago, plus had a bit of weight in the bed, just before I left AZ I noticed a bit of a shimmy @ 40 to 50 mph, progessively got worse on the trip back home, the shocks front MIGHT have 15 K on them, new "bump stops" the same, I live on a dirt road, washboarded road...........like I said, I took it into Les Schwabs today an had the wheels balanced and still the same shimmy......I wonder now IF they balanced the inside rear's ? it was a FREE "re-balance" as I had bought the alcoa knock off rims there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
this is why details are important, what shocks? depending on the brand, 15K may actually be about right for all they last. Some fit these trucks, but really aren't made for these trucks and don't hold up. Have you checked the front end over for loose/worn parts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did crawl under it a gave it a quick look,......I'm 73 years old an it's 110 degrees where I am.......I have a young buck neighbor that's a diesel mechanic @ Caterpillar........I'll wait an have him give it a closer look........................thanks for your input (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just back back from 2 trips to Les Schwabs today, found the problem after they rebalanced the tires, twice.......it was the driver side, inside rear tire, it was seperating and out of round.....BIG time !....I dunno how I ddn't shred it coming back from Utah.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Chalk up another bad Schwab story. Glad you found the issue before it cut loose though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts