Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone out there with a late model (2005 onwards? ) F250 4x4 with factory coil front suspension help me?
I am using all the front end suspension components for a conversion project in Australia and need to know how long the front coil is when compressed under normal load, ie just as the truck is sitting there, what is the length of the coil? I need to know so I can set up the height of the top coil mount. We never got any of these models in Australia so can't find one to check. Thanks!

Glen.
4x4 Toyota Coaster bus, F250 running gear, 5R110 & Cummins 12v.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pauly, guess you're right! I joined this forum because I'm keen to learn about the cummins engine, might have to join an F-series forum as well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pauly,
I also figured there would be members who own F-series with cummins! I'll check out the diesel truck resource site as well.
thanks again!

·
Registered
513 Posts
There are a couple F- series conversions and even an Excursion conversion on DTR.

By the way, I have access to an '06 F-350 4x4 with the Powerstroke (my brother's truck) if you have other questions. I would have helped you out with this question but it has a 4" lift.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i have no idea if your year is the same as the new Fords,but Carli suspension now makes a bolt on kit that will allow use of a coil over and bypass set up for the new superduties.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Bob & Pauly, check out the link to some pics.

here are pics of the conversion I have only recently started, i'm not converting an fseries to coil but a toyota coaster bus, not sure if these ever made it to the US? Think I have solved the length question, the wrecker that i bought the parts from had a complete '07 F250 4x4chassis sitting there so I measured the length and could see that the shock was sitting about 60mm higher than the usual ride height (by the clean / dirty areas of the shock) so took 60mm of the measurement.

4x4coaster - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting follow the link & select slideshow & choose slow speed or view 1 pic at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts